Sign in to follow this  

Rebound clicker...too many clicks one side!!!

Hi all,

any information that you may be able to give me would be greatly appreciated.

Basically I have just got a YZ125 and have had to replace the fork seals. After rebuilding the fork when I went to set the rebound I followed procedure and went to wind them all in and noticed that there were 30 clicks, where standard is 20 according to the manual. Now one fork is spot on but the obviously the other is way out.

I read several threads and posts etc, I then removed the fork cap again and made sure that the lock nut and thread were to spec which they were. I then ensured that the nut was locked down and thread from the cap where married tightly and still exactly the same...30 Clicks 👍

I then took the cap of again and when the cap was off there also 30 clicks when not threaded to damping rod, and the screw is working and not threaded from what I can see.

Now the problem is that I cant remember if it was like this before I changed the seals.

Have I made a complete mess of things or done something really wrong...I am not sure???

Is there a way to cure this or could it be wear on the adjuster and will it cause much damage or can you just still back off a set amount of clicks?

I know there are a lot of questions here but your help will be fantastic and greatly appreciated.

Thank you

this is a old style fork cap ? open chamber ? if the cap has more clocks than the other , there is nothing adjustable in that , but at 20 clicks it will still be the same as the other side at 20 clicks , just ignore the last 10

this is a old style fork cap ? open chamber ? if the cap has more clocks than the other , there is nothing adjustable in that , but at 20 clicks it will still be the same as the other side at 20 clicks , just ignore the last 10

Thanks for the reply, yes it is older style, not dual chamber like the latest models. So if I wind it in all the way and click out ten then is should be the same? Is there a reason for the difference of clicks that you could think????

If you have not split any of the valves and both nuts on the cylinders are set the same....other than one damper rod being shorter than the other you should have the same number of clickes each side. Were they the same before you stripped them? Did you leave out the gasket when you screwed in one of the base valves?

If you have not split any of the valves and both nuts on the cylinders are set the same....other than one damper rod being shorter than the other you should have the same number of clickes each side. Were they the same before you stripped them? Did you leave out the gasket when you screwed in one of the base valves?

Everything seems to be there...and nothing missing, I checked all the parts off from a Yamaha Microfiche, I cant really remember with regards to what they were like before, I have a vague memory that one had too many turns. But not sure.

Then set them both the same number of clicks out.