Sign in to follow this  

2011 TE310 Bigger Tank?

I have been researching the '11/'12 TE310 as my next dual sport but I have concerns with its fuel range.

Are there any aftermarket tanks available for this model.

What range are you guys getting from the stock tank?

Funny I keep hearing about fuel range concerns and I just do not experience it. I have a 2010 TE310, which has a 1.9g tank...even smaller than the '11, and I was concerned as well. In fact when I bought it, I kept stopping at gas stations every 25-30 miles because I did not want to run out. That cramped my riding as you can imagine.

I ride at 4000-5000 feet, desert and mountain trails, sand, fire roads as well as an 18 mile road ride to get where I need to ride from home. I consistently get 60+ miles before the light goes on. I fill the tank and it still has about .5 gallons left. Not ultra-spectaular range but pretty darn good considering. I am an intermediate level rider.

Don't worry about the ridiculous claims, go out buy it and enjoy it. Husky's are great bikes.

I have been researching the '11/'12 TE310 as my next dual sport but I have concerns with its fuel range.

Are there any aftermarket tanks available for this model.

What range are you guys getting from the stock tank?

IMS makes a large tank for it. 2.9 gallons, listed as 2010 TXC250 but is the same.

IMS makes a large tank for it. 2.9 gallons, listed as 2010 TXC250 but is the same.

That's what I needed to hear

I thought there were frame differences between the '10 250 and '11 TE310?

Or do they not matter for the tank? If so, I'm jumpin on the upgrade. The extra range would be nice for dual sporting.

I thought there were frame differences between the '10 250 and '11 TE310?

Or do they not matter for the tank? If so, I'm jumpin on the upgrade. The extra range would be nice for dual sporting.

Not 100% sure but think they are the same enough for it to work, i could swear i saw a few posts with people doing that. Also the 2012 310 comes with a bigger tank.

2012txc-te310-husky-heaven-001-jpg.11368

My undrstanding is the pump part #'s are different for the '10 & '11's. Not sure if the mounting holes are the same though.

You should at least 50 miles out of the stock '10 te250 tank (low light level, 50tooth). My '11 te310 is getting ~75 miles to low light with a 46 tooth

I emailed IMS for clarification on the tank, for what its worth.

The stock fine will be fine for 75% of what I do but if there is a large capacity on available it would be really nice.

My undrstanding is the pump part #'s are different for the '10 & '11's. Not sure if the mounting holes are the same though.

You should at least 50 miles out of the stock '10 te250 tank (low light level, 50tooth). My '11 te310 is getting ~75 miles to low light with a 46 tooth

Correct, 2010 stuff doesn't work on 2011 stuff unless you buy the new pump assembly too which HSQ IT is very proud of.

Correct, 2010 stuff doesn't work on 2011 stuff unless you buy the new pump assembly too which HSQ IT is very proud of.

can a '11 fuel pump bolt into a '10 tank without modification?

Here is the info from IMS, kudos for the prompt reply:thumbsup:

"It can fit the 2011, however you would need to use the 2010 TE310 pump and wiring harness, as the pump changed in 2011. Otherwise, the tank fits on the frame fine. The pump is obviously a costly part and most people seem unwilling to make that change, but it can definitely be done.

We don’t have any immediate plans to make a new tank for the updated models right at this time. It is always a possibility in the future, but I know that right now, we are working on several projects that will keep us busy AT LEAST through the first quarter of next year. Feel free to check back sometime next year to see if anything has changed."

So it can be done with a pump swap, as per a previous post.

Here is the info from IMS, kudos for the prompt reply:thumbsup:

"It can fit the 2011, however you would need to use the 2010 TE310 pump and wiring harness, as the pump changed in 2011.

Ah, I see, so it requires the notoriously unreliable fuel pump... 👍