Sign in to follow this  

best woods bars?????

i need a new set of bars for my cr250 that i woods race whats the best ones???

thanx

donnie

Pro Taper offers a woods bend hi or low, I have used the high, they are already more narrow than the regular bars.

If you are riding in real single track, look for some mini hi bars. The clamping area for grips/controls is longer and you can trim the bars if need be. I prefer the PT mini hi fat bars, but to each their own.

There is a company or 2 in california making mtn bike frames from bamboo...maybe they make moto handlebars too?

then Im not really sure what you mean by "woods bars"?

They are already narrower than moto-bars or can be trimmed to be narrower like Gotlabs was mentioning. Some single track requires narrow bars so you don't always have to stop and walk your bike through trees.

Thats what I suggested with the Pro Taper woods bend, they are narrower and have markings to cut down even more.....he said he didnt want narrower bars....so, what does he want???

Ask any ten riders and you will get a different answer.I have tried different bends and have found what works for my build,height,riding position,style,and comfort.At 5'7" I have found the CRhigh bars work for me.I stand a lot when I ride trails so the height of the bars is great so I don't need to overly bend.When sitting the bars pitch back just enough so I'm not reaching.Now if you are a tall guy with long arms go with the Windham bend they don't pitch back as much.

They are already narrower than moto-bars or can be trimmed to be narrower like Gotlabs was mentioning. Some single track requires narrow bars so you don't always have to stop and walk your bike through trees.

If it's less than 30 inches it ain't worth riding. 👍

You'll have a tough time mounting your controls/guards if you go too narrow with your bars. I like to get a regular set of bars (whatever you choose) then move my controls as far in as they can go. This will dictate how much you can cut off.

If it's less than 30 inches it ain't worth riding. 👍

You'll have a tough time mounting your controls/guards if you go too narrow with your bars. I like to get a regular set of bars (whatever you choose) then move my controls as far in as they can go. This will dictate how much you can cut off.

A bar that was designed to be narrow has a sharper bend from the clamps to the grip area so controls and handguards can fit normally.

Check out this chart, it's got just about very bar out there listed:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/handlebarinfo.do

I personally started using Renthal Fat Bar Mini Bend for woods riding. They are tall, narrow and have very low pull back. All of that makes them a lot more comfortable for me when standing up, which I do 90% of the time out on the trail. I'm 5'11", bike is a crf250