Sign in to follow this  

08 jetting help

So I just put mrd exhaust ln my bike and it runs great except about mid throttle at a steady speed my bike seems to miss once in a while and is not smooth..also I noticed while trying to adjust my fuel screw if I turn it all the way in the idle does not change does this mean I have to large of a pilot jet?? P.S. I have the stock jets in with no engine mods beside exhaust and UNI arifilter

What elevation are you at? If the fuel screw makes no change when all the way in then try one smaller pilot jet. I run a 42 in the summer at 5000' elevation. When it cools off I can use a 45. A lot of guys use a 45 all the time even at lower elevations. If I were you I would pull the jets out and verify whats in there, and see what clip position the needle is in. Then we can help you out better.

Mid throttle would be more of the needle circuit rather than the pilot. Also these bike's main jets are usually too rich from the factory. At my elevation I run a 58 in the hot summer and a 60 when its cool. Search around, there are a lot of threads about the 08 and the jetting that Eddie recommends from his dyno tuning with A/F meters.

clean the carb before doing anything. Pilot, main and leak jets. Then be sure to blow out the 1 way valves in the carb body and bowl. also inspect the AP diagaphram to make sure it is working properly. Also ensure you have the fuel screw then spring, then washer then O ring in that order installed in the carb body.

I have similar issues so I'm subbed.

178 Main, 42 Pilot, 3rd from top.

300M elev. around 10-35 degrees C

Mine misses just off idle, when I turn the screw all the way in, it just idles higher, doesn't idle rough or stall.