Sign in to follow this  

Good Tyre Brand/Combo

Hey Guys

Ive been a loyal bridgestone rider for years but recently couldnt order my usual due to them being out of stock so Ive decided to try a different brand.

Ive been Honda for years and currently havne a '11 450 (although the '12 is coming shortly).

Can you give me your feedback on what youve found to be the best for grip. Not too worried on durability, as they get worn from racing I'll stick them on the spare rims for practice!

I currently mainly run the M203 which is a soft intermediate and suits a lot of loose, damp/tacky tracks. I'll run the M403 if its quite dry/hardpack and occasionally the M103 which is a spikey front and scoop like rear for sand (although its not deep here in blighty)

I hear good reports from dunlop but dont really know whats good n not :-/

Cheers

If you are considering Dunlop, you will hear a lot of positive feedback on the MX51. The 952 for the rear is a good tire too. I personally run a Pirelli in the front and either the 952 or MX51 in the rear. I have yet to trick the MX51 in the front but I had a great experience with its predecessor, the 756.

Hope this helps.

depends on the soil. for most MX tracks here, hardpack the mx51 front and rear works great. If you get intomore loam and wet, swap to a mx31 front.

I feel like the Michelin MS3 on soft-to-intermediate is one of the best kept secrets in MX. Traction on a par with the Dunlop, and amazing longevity.

I've found with the MX51 and MX31 fronts the knobs break of the sides long before the tire is worn. Could be due to the New England conditions. The rears wear wear about as fast as the old 756's.

Dunlops new MX11 110/90/19 sand rear tire is outstanding. We used that tire at the Southwick National for the first time with good results.

We seem to get the best trade off of grip and longevity from the Bridgestone 404 rear, 403 front combo's