Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne SG-12 or SG-10 boots?

Getting ready to buy some new boots. Anyone have experience with the Gaerne boots they can share? What's the difference in the SG-10 and SG-12?

Other than about $100? lol

i JUST bought the 10's and they haven't broken in yet. I rode for about 8 hours on them marking course for a harescramble last sat. A few sore spots, they still need a bit of adjustment but I'm happy with them so far.

There is a big difference in the 10's and 12's. The 12's I have required zero break in, they are just as comfortable now as they were when I got them a year ago. The pivot points on the ankle allow freedom of movement, but still protect from flexion/over extension of the ankle. Serious shin protection, I just ordered my second pair yesterday. I was going to get the 10's to save a few bucks, but don't want to be disappointed since I've been wearing 12's for the last year.

They are both KILLER boot's!!12's are a bit lighter,they have a larger toe area,0 break in as stated above.10's are tough as nail's,i have been riding and racing the same set of 10's for 3 year's now,still going strong,though they could use a re sole.Gaerne quality is second to none in my book,You can't go wrong with either the 10's or 12's!!!They both are great boot's!!!

http://www.gaerneusa.com/gx1

I'm a big fan of these now. Bought a set after a recommendation on here and am very happy with them. Roomy, light, and very well built. I tried on the SG-10s and SG-12s (among others) and did like how bulky they felt. For sizing, if you're closer to the smaller size normally, I'd buy it. If you're borderline on the smaller size (some fit, some don't), I'd go up one and wear thick socks.

They were under $200 before tax too.

i have have both the SG12's offer more protection and the 12's sole is the best in the business i've worn them for over 2 years now and it still looks like i've had them for 3 months while the SG10's offer a little less protection but both are great boots i recommend either of them.

I've owned Alpinestars Tech 6/8's and currently have 2 seasons (110 hours) on my SG10's. I absolutely LOVE these boots, I wear a 10.5 shoe so I always go with an 11 boot and I put the bigger Dr. Scholl's insoles in them. My next pair of boots will be SG10's, no questions asked..

The SG10's are a hinged boot as well, after my first 20 min ride they felt broken in to me.

erik_94COBRA Where'd you find them for $200 ??

erik_94COBRA Where'd you find them for $200 ??

He was talking about the GX1 model, not SG10 👍

My SG12s are older than my bike...bought the boots in 08 and the bike in 09. So 3.5 seasons of riding and they are holding up just fine. The sole is great, the comfort is still there and I don't use insoles, the buckles are incredibly durable. Due to my height and the KX250F peg/kickstart design, I have worn a small hole in the side of the right boot, but I'm betting a bit of glue would fix that right up. They required zero break-in time, wash quite well and I honestly think they are the best moto boots money can buy.

Edited by pumasforpets

Yes the sg10 are no comparison to the gx1. I tried both on back to back and they aren't even on the same level.

The one pair of Gaerne boots I've owned have held up great over the past 3 years. Their quality is exceptional, and wear has been minimal. The sizing was spot on to my normal shoe size, so order with confidence in fit.

The next boots I purchase will be the SG10s, based solely on my price range.

Gaerne will have my business for as long as I ride.