Big CRF 230F Riders

I purchased an 03' CRF 230f recently because I was sick of borrowing the in-laws xr400. My concern is after reading every 230f post on thumper talk that I'll look like a big freak on this bike. My specs are 5'11", 200 Lbs. I rode this Crf 230 and loved that I was in contact with the ground better, as I have short legs (30" - 31" inseam), and felt more confident on it than the XR400. I went from barely tip toes on the ground to feet almost all the way on the ground, except my heels. After riding it this last trip, I felt like I had more fun on it than the taller bike. Are there any other bigger riders out there (Height / Weight) of the crf230 who like a smaller bike? I like it, but don't really want to look funny on it. I am a novice rider btw.

5'9'' inches tall 165 pounds, and love my 230, people make fun of me all the time for riding this ''wifes bike/small bike/not a real bike'', but i could care less, it does everything i throw at it, if anything, i hold the bike back, lol

like said above, keep having fun ?:ride:

on the trails, im right there with any other bike :worthy:

I'm 6'4" and weigh 210lbs but I've done quite a bit to make the bike fit me better. I'm comfortable on it and have a blast so I really don't care if I look a little big for it or not.

+1 6'4" 215.....BBR springs/shock/linkage/triple raised the bike up and stiffened it.....I love it and don't care what I look like on it! ?

6'4" and 260 lbs, 45 years old. I ride with my son and his buddies, 14 to 18 year olds, mostly on 250 4-strokes. They give me a hard time about my "old-man" bike but they also give me credit for getting rid of my Quad and getting back on a bike. The guys we ride with sure do love playing on my bike once and while. The 230f sure has been shinning on the single tracks we've been riding.

I seem to have more fun on smaller bikes. I have owned from 650 to 125. I agree with above posts that your fun factor is more important than what others think. The crf230f is an ok bike depending on what you are doing with it. For the tight slower stuff it works best. Faster stuff with whoops it is not so good. I have the short leg problem too, 29 inch here so I like the shorter bikes.

Need to replace the cheap, narrow, soft steel handlebar with a modern aluminum bar. The stock front forks are dangerously soft. The front end dives excessively when braking. The rear shock is underdamped and has no adjustability and needs to be replaced or reworked or it will feel like you are riding a bucking bronco.

Adavantages are low seat height. If you don't have a 32" inseam, modern 250F's are too tall in tight situations. Short 230F wheelbase makes it easy to turn, but feels unstable at higher speeds. Nothing you can do there. Ok around the campfire or on slow trails.

Derestricted motor has lot's of torque. Most gear it up. However, it feels dead and flat at high rpms relative to a modern 250F. The 230F engine is much more durable though.