Sign in to follow this  

2010 yz250f vs 2011 ktm 250sxf

pros and cons of both

The yzf has 16hrs on it, looks new, leo vince exhaust, r&d power bowl, jd jet kit, and radiator guars

the ktm has 50 hours raced HS and enduros by AA rider, stiffer springs and mapped to 2012 spec

I race Moto and I am a slow B rider, what do you guys think?

Thanks 👍

yzf's reliability is very good (personal experience included). the suspension is also very good IMO, also if your looking for a dependable bike the yamaha is it, im not familiar with the ktm (never rode one) so someone else can throw in their 2 cents, sorry i couldnt be more helpful

The 2011 SXF was rated as one of the best 250's made.

The 2010 YZF was rated as just another ho-hum Yamaha.

I get concerned with buying an ex-race bike, 50 hours on a race motor is unrealistic in my view. Unless the owner was willing to do the service for you to make sure it was a good, solid, not-worn out motor, I would pass on the KTM.

The Yamaha is probably the better of the two deals. 👍

I guess I don't feel like 50 trail hours doesn't really compare to 50 mx hours. And how many hours can be on a top end saftly on a 4 stroke? It's been awhile since I've been on one or owned one

I guess I don't feel like 50 trail hours doesn't really compare to 50 mx hours. And how many hours can be on a top end saftly on a 4 stroke? It's been awhile since I've been on one or owned one

50 AA (PRO) enduro hours is probably more stress than 50 c class mx hrs:thumbsup:

touche salesman lol

Personally, Id hop on the yzf if the prices are similar. thats 1 reliable bike 👍

Personally, Id hop on the yzf if the prices are similar. thats 1 reliable bike 👍

But aren't KTMs a better bike?

But aren't KTMs a better bike?

Orange is always better young Padawan

well They are both looking to trade me for my 2010 ktm 250sx 2 stroke, the guy with the yzf wants like $1200 plus my bike, so he is kinda crazy and is trying to sell his bike for $300 less than what I can buy a new one for. I havent discussed price with the ktm yet but it would actually be less than $500 to boot

well They are both looking to trade me for my 2010 ktm 250sx 2 stroke, the guy with the yzf wants like $1200 plus my bike, so he is kinda crazy and is trying to sell his bike for $300 less than what I can buy a new one for. I havent discussed price with the ktm yet but it would actually be less than $500 to boot

It should be you asking for cash from these used 250Fs. Your two stroke would sell for more and faster than their bikes for sale.

It should be you asking for cash from these used 250Fs. Your two stroke would sell for more and faster than their bikes for sale.

Agreed, the 250sx should be worth more used 👍

Thats what I was thinking too, but I have mine for sale right now for 4k and havent gotten a single offer! I know its fall thats why I am (trying) selling it so cheap, it will go up in the spring, but idk with how its going

Thats what I was thinking too, but I have mine for sale right now for 4k and havent gotten a single offer! I know its fall thats why I am (trying) selling it so cheap, it will go up in the spring, but idk with how its going

Can we talk/tune you out of this haste decision? Why you wanna sell it?

Thinking I want to get back on a 4 stroke, Feel like I would be faster, and just dont feel like I can ride it well

Thinking I want to get back on a 4 stroke, Feel like I would be faster, and just dont feel like I can ride it well

Understood. It's what makes you faster. If I were you I wouldn't give away the farm with your bike. Wait til spring if you have to. The YZF will need more mods to be faster than the SXF but it will be a more reliable scoot.

Just move on from those deals and wait for the next good trade.

Understood. It's what makes you faster. If I were you I wouldn't give away the farm with your bike. Wait til spring if you have to. The YZF will need more mods to be faster than the SXF but it will be a more reliable scoot.

Just move on from those deals and wait for the next good trade.

Agreed:thumbsup:

4k would be a pretty dang good deal on a 2010 250sx in my state

ktm 250sxf are the worst 250f in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. the yamaha is only just infront. but the yamaha last longer, has less hours, better mods. i dont see why you wouldnt buy the yamaha. the only thing is it isnt efi. spend 100 bucks and get it jetted right.

ktm 250sxf are the worst 250f in 2010 and 2011 and 2012. the yamaha is only just infront. but the yamaha last longer, has less hours, better mods. i dont see why you wouldnt buy the yamaha. the only thing is it isnt efi. spend 100 bucks and get it jetted right.

👍:ride: