Selling 96 CR250. How much is it worth?

I am trying to decide if I want to sell my 1996 CR 250. I had reconstructive knee surgery last spring and I still can't ride. I also have a new 2011 bike that I haven't even taken to the track since this injury and I don't feel like I need 2 bikes anymore.

My question is how much can I realistically expect to get for such an old bike. After my injury I figured it would only be a few weeks until I could ride it again and I used the down time to go through the bike.

I had the suspension rebuilt, repainted the frame and replaced every bearing on the bike. Wheels, steering stem, linkage, etc. I also replaced the clutch. It has like new tires on it with only a couple of motos on them. ASV clutch perch, lever and front brake lever, Hinson billet clutch basket, FMF Fatty with no dings or dents and Power Core II with only a few races on it, Sidewinder Titanium II sprockets with Krause Racing chain (only one race day on them), new brake pads, and AMR graphics.

I have been the only owner of this bike since 1995 and I have always taken pretty good care of it and have been meticulous in its maintenance. I know I won't get back what I have put into it recently but I would hate to feel like I was giving it away.

How do I post pics?

That's a great classic bike. I would just put it on craigslist at a high price with a good description and pictures, and just keep renewing the ad. Someone may come along that appreciates its value, but if no one does, then just keep it. If you put a trials tire and a FWW on it, that will be a fine machine for the Tennessee woods.

Keep it, I had my knee gone through last sping as well - I still can't ride, still can't walk 100% normal, but in an other 2-3 months or so I will be good to go. Keep doing your PT, it wlll eventially help and you will see difference all the sudden.

Thanks for all of your responses. I probably will keep it since it would break my heart to sell it. I have had it for so long. It's been a good bike for sure.

As far as the knee goes I have been doing some form of pt every day and it has come a long way since the surgery. Still a few months left to build up strength before I can ride a bike with out worrying too much. I have ridden a quad in the trails but man I really miss the MX track.

• 2 weeks later...
Dont know if it would help your knee but I suggest trading it for a CR500. Best bang for your buck there ?

LOL. Probably not good for the knee but I'm sure a 500 is a beast to ride. My friend had one and sold it to get a 125 because he crashed it too much. I think the 250 has more than enough. 125 I can ride it like I stole it but leaves me wanting more power. I would probably kill myself on a 500

Yeah I am definitely getting a brace after this. As far as stability goes the doc says it's as good as it is going to get but I still need to work on Strengthening all of the surrounding muscles. He said that the ligamnents were replaced win tendons so it will not be as good as new but still better than not getting it fixed. He recommended using a brace for skydiving and any other high impact activity so it shouldn't be a problem getting a prescription. I have used asterisk. Any one have good info on other braces?