Sign in to follow this  

how do i change my piston rings?

Pretty simple.... take the old one off the piston, and put the new one on.

Getting the engine out, cylinder off, and piston out then putting it all back together after you're done is the tricky part.

put c4 onto your cylinder. blow it up so the piston is showing. crazzy glue some new rings, spray the piston with WD-40(very important) and then JB welfd everything back using bits and peaces of the motor. let the jb weld dry, and if you put the right amount of WD-40 onto the piston, when you kick it over, the piston should move up and down in the JB weld making a new cylinder.

Take the old ones off and put new ones on. Come on kid. You got to give us a little more info. What bike? Year ,Make and model. That helps us help you.

I've only done this once (on a 2 stroke) but are piston rings not piston rings? I can help if you're dealing with one and not a set.

Get precision pliers and start at the ring gap and pull up a section over the top of the piston and keep working it around til it is off. That is the easy part, next, putting the new one on you need to be careful.

Set the ring on top of the piston (the face, aka the combustion TOP). I think you can do this part with your hands, but the ring is sharp and will give you a major papercut if you let it. Set it on top, and start at the gap and pull down until in groove and continue this around the piston in a sliding motion, while simultaneously prying it open to allow clearance.

I hope your not trolling because I'm gonna get beat up for trying to helping you.

You might need some tires with nails in them this time of year.