Sign in to follow this  

What Are the Bars That Come Stock on an 07?

It's time to replace my bars on my 07 144 as one side has been crushed by falling of the carrier. I'm trying to figure out whether or not they're fat bars that come stock or standard size. The only info on the bars is Renthal KTM Bend. The bars also give me quite a bit of arm pump, I think they may be too short as I'm around 5-10 to 5-11.

My main question is whether or not they're 1-1/8" oversized or 7/8", thanks.

7/8 bars have a crossbar. I am about 99% sure all full size KTM's have run 1 1/8" bars for the past several years, several.

That's true, it seems that they're are no 7/8 bars that don't have a crossbar. I also did a bit of research and found that the stock bars are 28mm. A short decimal conversion tells me that 1-1/8 inches= 28.575 MM. That should solve my question, probably shouldn't have asked it in the first place. :thumbsup:

Anybody know if the KTM Bend bars tend to be a little short? I think they may be the cause of my arm pump.

KTM bends are def low with very specific sweep, its a love em or hatem deal. Relating arm pump to the bar bend and height may be a stretch though