Sign in to follow this  

Back racing finally! (helmet cam)

Well after a severe knee injury a few months ago, I'm finally back on a bike. Shot a little helmet cam footage. I'm out of shape, out of practice, and even a little nervous (I don't think I've felt nervous on a bike in years), but it felt great to be riding again! This is from my first 450 moto Sunday, it ended up being my worst moto of the day with a terrible start and tons of mistakes. I wound up going 9-6 in this class and 5-5 on my 250F, so all in all I did better than I expected going into the day.

Let me say, I forgot what it felt like to be this sore from riding :thumbsup:

Edited by KJ790

What class was that? Gotta feel good to be back no matter the results. Hope the knee holds up well!

It wont be long until your back to your normal self.:thumbsup:

Glad you're back out there doin' battle, KJ!!! :thumbsup: That track looked like it would be fun! No rocks?

How's the knee holding up?

Jimmie

Yeah, one of the few sand tracks around here... it's definitely fun :ride:

The knee feels a lot better than I thought it would. I still don't have much confidence sticking that leg out in corners though.

What class was that? Gotta feel good to be back no matter the results. Hope the knee holds up well!

It wont be long until your back to your normal self.:worthy:

That was open A. The kid that won was the track owner's son (I think he's ridden this track before...) and the two guys behind him both qualified for numerous pro nationals this year, so top 3 was out of the question even if I had been racing. I would have liked to have been inside the top 5 every moto though.

Yeah, top 5 would really be great. You'll probably get there,too! :thumbsup:

But we race primarily for fun, and after that, most folks have differing expectations. By MY low standards, at 55 yrs. of age, if I can walk away from the track under my own power after a day's racing, and maybe if I had no crashes :worthy:, and didn't make too many stupid mistakes (locking up the rear brake, and killing the motor sorta things.... :ride:), it's been a success!!

You rode great, KJ!

Jimmie

Well after a severe knee injury a few months ago, I'm finally back on a bike. Shot a little helmet cam footage. I'm out of shape, out of practice, and even a little nervous (I don't think I've felt nervous on a bike in years), but it felt great to be riding again! This is from my first 450 moto Sunday, it ended up being my worst moto of the day with a terrible start and tons of mistakes. I wound up going 9-6 in this class and 5-5 on my 250F, so all in all I did better than I expected going into the day.

Let me say, I forgot what it felt like to be this sore from riding :thumbsup:

Nice job! What track is that?

Nice job! What track is that?

That is Motomasters in Mexico, NY.