Sign in to follow this  

How big of a jetting jump on a 91 rm125?

I put new reeds and uni filter on an otherwise stock rm125. stock jetting is 330 on the main and im wondering how much i should change it. Ive got the air screw out to 2 and a bit turns so i know its rich. boysen recommends either a 310 or 320 for just the reeds. Im going to have to order the jets so i dont want to order the wrong one and i want to avoid buying what i dont need. Im thinking I should go with 320 since it runs kinds ok and its not totally unrideable as is but it could be better. I think jumping to a 310 maybe too much.

Airscrew works with the pilot jet/circuit nothing to do with the main, its always good to have extra jets laying around so i'd order both mains a smaller pilot and start makeing changes, you're safe to do 1 step changes besides as the weather gets colder you're going to want to richen things up anyways

my bad, i meant to say my pilot was too big. im at 55 stock for the pilot. can i go to a 50 or should i stick with it as is? Im going to try and get a 320 main at a dealership nearby but they have proven to be less than helpful on older bikes.

I'd try a smaller pilot also and reset your airscrew, Just pay attetion to any bog that may will happen to indicate you're too lean and and it cannot be corrected with the airscrew then you'll have to go back to the 55