Sign in to follow this  

Why so many haters.....

......out there? Most people I know that found out I bought a Suzuki are like; "why a Suzuki"? And express directly or indirectly their disapproval for Suzuki, yet everyone that does this has never owned a Suzuki, but swear that they don't hold up as well as the other three of the big four. But you think of the DR200, DR650, LT160, LT230, LT80, GSXR's championships, RM's championships, on and on, there's been alot of good bikes and ATV's from them.

Now be it known that I wasn't old enough to start keeping up with powersports until the mid to late 80's. Though i was old enough to be interested in them before that, I chose my favorite only by it's color then.

eww, gross!! u bought a suzuki.....wow, like it's all yellow & stuff? :ride:

jk...

Yeah, I got a cousin that had that "you idiot" expression on his face when he seen my bike. He looked at it and said; "Suzuki!" All while he sat there working on his son's Yamaha trying to get it running again. 👍

Try owning a Jap bike and a Harley... then see how much shit you get. Not naming names... 👍:ride:

a couple of my riding buddys & i joke around about suzukis, but that only because we dont know anyone that has one...i've never ridin one ,so i really have no room to talk...i always considered myself a kawi guy, but now i'm on a yz. Doesn't matter what it is ..just get out there & ride 👍

For me it has more to do with what it costs, than what it is!

Try owning a Jap bike and a Harley... then see how much shit you get. Not naming names... :ride::worthy:

Hey, I had a Harley leather jacket on when a dude in a subaru took out me and my 919. Gotta say, Harley sure makes good jackets!👍

I really don't feel you can go wrong with any color. My good friend and I always love to tease about brands it's just part of the sport.Now when push come's to shove talks cheap.👍

Maybe its the loctite fixes, stators, or valva clearances being so sporadic ?

I love mah drz, it just chooses if/when to love me back with reliability.

......out there? Most people I know that found out I bought a Suzuki are like; "why a Suzuki"? And express directly or indirectly their disapproval for Suzuki, yet everyone that does this has never owned a Suzuki, but swear that they don't hold up as well as the other three of the big four. But you think of the DR200, DR650, LT160, LT230, LT80, GSXR's championships, RM's championships, on and on, there's been alot of good bikes and ATV's from them.

Now be it known that I wasn't old enough to start keeping up with powersports until the mid to late 80's. Though i was old enough to be interested in them before that, I chose my favorite only by it's color then.

Same reason people busted your chops for driving an OFNA 1/8 scale buggy... Because everyone knows Losi eights are better! 👍

rc028.jpg

rc027.jpg

Just kidding!! I like OFNAs also. They are friends in my RC room. Just not on the track...

rc006.jpg

I didnt get the "why suzuki?!" reaction, but I got "why a drz?!" Its understandable though. They're slow, heavy, the rear fender looks horrible, and for being a tank, you still have radiators that can get squished. I bought it because its the cheapest dual sport bike, aside from the XR650L which hasnt been updated since the 80's. The DRZ has more modern suspension & ergonomics, and is super reliable without modifying anything. Its feels like a heavy dirt bike, not a 2 wheeled tractor.

I didnt get the "why suzuki?!" reaction, but I got "why a drz?!" Its understandable though. They're slow, heavy, the rear fender looks horrible, and for being a tank, you still have radiators that can get squished. I bought it because its the cheapest dual sport bike, aside from the XR650L which hasnt been updated since the 80's. The DRZ has more modern suspension & ergonomics, and is super reliable without modifying anything. Its feels like a heavy dirt bike, not a 2 wheeled tractor.

+1 👍 it fits the void well.

I have one because I love it. I have a KTM RC8R

IMG_1345.JPG

A KTM Super Duke

P9261108.JPG

I had a 2005 DR-Z, bought a KTM 525 SM, sold it, got a Husky 610 SM, sold it and got another DR-Z. I love the DR-Z it is fun to ride and modify and there is a shit-ton of stuff out there for it. Screw them if they hate us, then they won't have one. Hee Hee.

IMG_1392.JPG

Same reason people busted your chops for driving an OFNA 1/8 scale buggy... Because everyone knows Losi eights are better! 👍

rc028.jpg

rc027.jpg

Just kidding!! I like OFNAs also. They are friends in my RC room. Just not on the track...

rc006.jpg

Yeah, I raced Hyper7's back when they first came out. Still have my PBS version. But I haven't raced 1/8 scale buggy in probably three years now. If I got back into 1/8 buggy, I'd probably go either Mugen nitro, or Losi electric. The new Hyper handles nice, but is a bit too fragile for me.

My Suzi is blue:) I have had or have one of all brands(big 4) and havent really had trouble out of any of them. Had a few yamaha street bikes, yz250, tw200, kaw gpz, jet ski, 2stroke enduro, suzuki rm250, honda cr250, cx500.

There are certain models of each brand that have bad traits but I dont think you can go wrong with the big 4.

My Suzi is blue:) I have had or have one of all brands(big 4) and havent really had trouble out of any of them. Had a few yamaha street bikes, yz250, tw200, kaw gpz, jet ski, 2stroke enduro, suzuki rm250, honda cr250, cx500.

There are certain models of each brand that have bad traits but I dont think you can go wrong with the big 4.

That's pretty much my take on things. I just am surprised at how many people i know start talking about what junk they are, and with no first hand experience to back it up. 👍

That's pretty much my take on things. I just am surprised at how many people i know start talking about what junk they are, and with no first hand experience to back it up. 👍

Don't worry. I got hated on getting my bike inspected the other day. I got told how dangerous my bike was because so many guys run off the road at Tail of the Dragon and his F4i was so much faster and safer :worthy::ride:

Pass his F4i on the outside in a turn and he will say he missed a gear or had a fueling issue. The Sport Bikes are fun to pass. Even better when you are over 50 because I am old and fat and passing them on the outside with my POS DR-Z. LOL. I don't have a DR-Z on a sport bike passing pic, sorry, so I can show a passing a sport bike on my old KTM.

IMG_7002.JPG