pro circut header

I just put on a new pro circut t4 s/a full exhaust on last week...I went riding all day on sat and ran fine sounds and looks good....tonight I decided to change my oil....I started it up and while it was idling I was taking off .my skid plate....I suddenly noticed I saw a red light reflecting off my radiators.....lol. looked up to see my header was glowing red hott....I did not notice this before and I am pretty sure it didn't do with the factory header on .....it is prettty noticable...lol. I do have header hi temp wrap from the mid wraped up to the spring loops...would this cause that???? I got tired of burning my 160$ pants up...should i take off the wrap???? Or is this normal and I just never noticed it....?????...08 yz450.... Ride over the weekend seemed as tho my jetting is perfect/close to and ran great...and remember I said Glowing RED HOTT!!!!! Tba.ks for any help...I have a hare scramble this Sunday and would like to have this figured out by then....o and bike was only at idle for no more than .....maybe 2 min tops...

Thank u gray....so I assume it is true that titanium does disapate het netters...stock header is this and I don't remember it glowing....my header runs very close to the bottom of my radiator...I would say within an inch an a half...should i try N re wrap yo closer to the cylinder to help or not worry about it...thank u sir.....

What?

Grayracer, I'm originally from OK, next to Missouri. I've lived in Oregon for 35+ years, so my Midwestern is a little rusty (get it? rusty?? It's a western Oregon joke, hee hee ? ) but I think I can still translate. Here's what I *think* he meant to say:

so I assume it is true that titanium does disapate het netters...stock header is this and I don't remember it glowing....

If I'm correct, I think he was asking the question "Is it true that titanium dissipates heat better?"

He then states the stock head pipe is Ti, and doesn't recall it glowing like that.

my header runs very close to the bottom of my radiator...I would say within an inch an a half...should i try N re wrap yo closer to the cylinder to help or not worry about it...thank u sir.....

His new head pipe passes pretty close to the bottom of the liquid cooling device his motorcycle has on the right side. Maybe within 12.57 millimeters or so. He then asks "Should I put header wrap on that part of the head pipe, near the cylinder, or just forget about it?" He then thanks you.

Hope this helps!

Jimmie

Start most YZ450's in the dark, and the header will be red hot within a minute, even the standard ones. Most headers also run quite close to the radiator, and equally as close to the rubber water hose to the water pump. You do not need heat wrap for that reason.

A stand-off carbon or aluminium guard (similar to the standard one) would be better for stopping you melting your race pants.

I will start by saying....haahahhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Diesel goober......I laughed so hard when I read your post!!!!!! My girlfriend as well.....so my problem is that I am writing all of my post from theses new awesome touch screen pieces of crap phone...lol....when i write I cannot see what I am writing half the time and the spell check on my phone sucks so half the time i write a word it automatically puts diff words in place...lol I am sorry for the confusing words and f**k UPS...ha ha...but in a nut shell...exactly what diesel goober said yes....and thank you for your great translation......and I am sorry...hope this one came out rite...ha ha hathanks for your help tho guys...i have since wrapped all the way up to the flange_to motor...I think this will work just fine...?.

Man, I was sure hoping it would be taken that way, Stlyamadude!!! :worthy:

I didn't mean to offend at all; just wanted to have a little fun.... And I realize 100% what you're saying about some of the new phone keypads, predictive text, & such..... They can be tough to deal with. I've got pretty fat fingers, and have a tough enough time with a "full size" keyboard here on our computer desk... :ride:

And I'm really glad that ya got some great advice here from Grayracer513, and jratcliffe3. Those guys have ya covered! ?

But what did you do/will you do to keep your header pipe from frying your ridin' pants? I actually have the same deal going on, even with my factory exhaust that has a guard on it.....

Jimmie