Sign in to follow this  

gytr ttr problem

I've got a ttr 50 with a gytr 84cc kit with carb and more I use it to ride with my four year old on his stock ttr, the bike always rips but this weekend when we got home from riding I fired it up and it was puking oil out my crank case breather filter, is there a common fix or do I need to rebuild the top end, still seems to have good compression as I push start it always. any ideas would help before I just build it again. It gets ridden hard and abused but that is what it likes. Thanks.

I've got a ttr 50 with a gytr 84cc kit with carb and more I use it to ride with my four year old on his stock ttr, the bike always rips but this weekend when we got home from riding I fired it up and it was puking oil out my crank case breather filter, is there a common fix or do I need to rebuild the top end, still seems to have good compression as I push start it always. any ideas would help before I just build it again. It gets ridden hard and abused but that is what it likes. Thanks.

Did it fall and run on its side at any time during your last ride? The TTR 50's are notorious for puking oil out the air filter if they are on their side running, like when you are a kid falls and it keeps running. I ask because I don't think there is a crankcase breather filter on a ttr 50 so I am assuming you meant the air filter? Just clean the filter and re oil properly and it will be fine

No, and I have a big bore on it and I run a little k&n style filter on the crank case breather, I'm going to check my valves maybe the exhaust is not opening enough and I'm pushing it through the case ( if I'm lucky ) thanks.