Sign in to follow this  

dr650 15,000 miles

Hey guys I've had my 2003 dr650 for the past 7 months. When I purchased it there was about 7,000 miles on it. so I've only put a few thousand miles on it (8,000mi). I changed the pet cock, because every morning when I would go to ride it the air box would be full of gas... (I got one with an off switch). I changed the base gasket, because of the oil leak. I also removed the upper chain roller. so I have a couple of questions: at 15,000 miles is there anything else to re-engineer? and what should I replace just for preventative measures?

thanks! 👍

Edited by elmmartins

Some people are removing their neutral sensors because they are coming loose and letting a couple of screws loose in gearbox

thanks guys ill definitely be checking those screws soon! and thank you for the pictures when i get into it they will help out a lot.

i will probably replace the float needle assy also...

hopefully i only have to check/ replace those two things! maybe ill get a new chain too...

so I finally checked the screws and I'm glad I did. They were very loose... It only took two fingers to loosen the screws. I also checked the float needle and it was fine, the problem was the O rings on the plastic piece that holds the float needle! everything is good again... for now haha