Sign in to follow this  

04 cr 125. noobie

So just this last saturday i invested in my first dirt bike since my klx 110 (this was 6 years ago mind you) it is an '04 cr 125. When I went to look at it, it started right up. I even brought a professional along who basically told me that if i don't like it I would be able to make my money back on it easily...

ANYWHOO I was riding up at my buddies ranch yesterday and I was opening her up on a straightaway when it just sorta bogged out and wouldn't start again, I then noticed gas coming out of the carb (not pouring out but definitely more than a few drips). I turned the gas off and was super bummed about my new purchase that is starting to appear as a piece.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I work on cars a lot but I am new to the whole motorcycle scene. I checked the spark plug and it was good.

Thanks in advance!

when was the last time the top end was rebuilt? also pull the carb and check the float height and make sure the float and needle valve arent sticking

well supposedly the previous owner had the top end "professionally done" pretty recently... But you know how that goes. I have yet to take the carb apart due to work and school but will let you know what i find. Thanks for the reply.

rylo

Not to worry you too much but the last time that happened to me was at the track in august and the bike bogged out right before a jump. Went home and took the carb apart and cleaned it, changed the spark plug. I did everything outside the engine before I tore into it. For my case it ended up being the top end, and the cylinder needed replating.

If it starts but bogs it could also be reeds or crank seals.

Hope this helps.

well supposedly the previous owner had the top end "professionally done" pretty recently... But you know how that goes.

unless you know the previous owner personally just assume theyre lying and double check everything yourself.