Sign in to follow this  

Washington Starvation Ridge 24hr iron man

This year Debbie says beginning of Oct there are already 30 iron man entries! (I think that's awesome) So here's my question: is there someone out there who'd be willing to share some past lessons learned with some of us who have team raced the 24hr but are going to brave the iron man for the first time...? Anything from what to and not to eat.... To lap strategy...

Thanks from a five year almost 25hr and counting veteran...

Don't try to lead trackmaster...he'll just sit on your rear wheel and play mind games:thumbsup:

All gear laid out, food schedule displayed, drinks prepared ahead of time. Important to stick to that schedule despite how you "feel." Some advil for late night stiffness, baby powder for the gloves and crack. 4-5 air filters with someone to change them at night as by then, your hands will be curled permanently.

Set your own pace and don't worry about what others are doing, in fact, treat it as a 24hr trail ride...attrition rate is quite high ( I know, I was one 2nd year I IM'ed it) so focus on getting lap in after lap after lap after lap...