Acerbis Fuel Tank

I got one on my bike after returning my IMS under warranty. I was questionable at first, as I didn't like the thought of the big tank, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.

For the size of the tank, it doesn't look too large when fitted. A little wider than standard of course, but nothing uncomfortable.

In my opinion, get a set of replica OEM graphics and she'll be as good as you can get. ?

Quick question.

I am in the throes of installing an Acerbis 18-L tank on my "X" - can anyone speculate on my new-found range? Primarily Baja dual sport type riding - quick, but not racing.

Thanx

El Mur.

@35mpg......so, I'd guess about 170 mile range. That's a lot of fun in between fuel stops. ?

@35mpg......so, I'd guess about 170 mile range. That's a lot of fun in between fuel stops. ?
3.2 gallons = 135 trail pace, 100 race pace

I don't know how you guys can calc those MPGs... I get about 85-90 miles MAX on my 3.2 gallon. No matter what pace I ride at. For a race, I calc 25mpg... and it's pretty dead on.

I don't know how you guys can calc those MPGs... I get about 85-90 miles MAX on my 3.2 gallon. No matter what pace I ride at. For a race, I calc 25mpg... and it's pretty dead on.

I was "speculating"....some get more MPG and some get less. YOU, Sir get less! I have seen how you twist that throttle, and your "pace" is fast, faster, or get outta my way I'm coming through! Or maybe that 3.2IMS is not quite 3.2. There seems to usually be a variance in how much these tanks actually hold. My 4.0IMS holds close to 4.2 gallons....?

Sheesh, did you read the article in that first link? It says 170 miles comfortably, and they have managed to get up to 200. I stand by my feeble minded calculation :ride:?

I was "speculating"....some get more MPG and some get less. YOU, Sir get less! I have seen how you twist that throttle, and your "pace" is fast, faster, or get outta my way I'm coming through! Or maybe that 3.2IMS is not quite 3.2. There seems to usually be a variance in how much these tanks actually hold. My 4.0IMS holds close to 4.2 gallons....:worthy:

...:ride: ....your no slouch either MR!

And ya, I still wonder how these guys get those super high mileages. I do ... really ... wonder. I mean, it's soo darn hard to just cruise along at a mild mannered pace across incredibly fun terrain, and not do a wheelie... catch some little air, berm shot a corner...etc. If your getting that kind of mileage, your boring!!! ?

Did a 'leisure' ride on White Rim in Canyonlands (Moab) last week. I'd say about half the time I conserved by thump/thump'n in high gear, but the other half just riding normal. Did 115 miles in 2.7 gallons. ~42.5 mpg :worthy:

Did some rocky trails the week before at Rabbit Valley. A good mixture of fast and slow with lots of ledges, on and off the gas all day. 28mpg :ride:

2009 holdover with 19 hours on it now (160 main). ?

IMG_1678.jpg

Edited by ITSDOABLE