JD Power Surge 6X 500 exc

Has anybody fitted one yet?

I have just received mine & will fit it up before the weekend and was wondering if anybody had some reccommended settings ? Somewhere to start. I see the instructions have reccommendations for the XCW

I have a FMF Q pipe on it other than thats shes stock

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Bike is brand new, smog stuff not applicable for Europe bike (but removed all other limitation) and it have the 20 micron filter.

I remember i had this on all my bikes until mounting some aftermarket jetting or pipes.

Hi,

Bike is brand new, smog stuff not applicable for Europe bike (but removed all other limitation) and it have the 20 micron filter.

I remember i had this on all my bikes until mounting some aftermarket jetting or pipes.

Hopefully you are not sitting in neutral or have the bike on a stand and whacking the throttle open? Have read so many complaints about this same thing on bikes with carbs yet under load they run fine. When are you observing the behavior? I can say hands down that even when running a gear or two too high and lugging along my 500 pulls smooth when I crack the throttle open. So far the FI has been perfect from idling at a stop to full go without any glitches, you mention your bike is up and running after "mods" - what has been done?

Edited by Mikek671

I can say hands down that even when running a gear or two too high and lugging along my 500 pulls smooth when I crack the throttle open. So far the FI has been perfect from idling at a stop to full go without any glitches,

As is mine. I'm truly amazed and I still have the JD unit sitting in a box. I'm afraid of screwing things up with it.

I have fitted the JD kit & used the reccommended settings. With both the pipe and the JD kit it has removed the sluggish bottom end and made it pull smoothly onto the awsome mid. I do every now & then stall out when I crack the throttle ( by accident ) eg going over some rough terrain. But not very often. I need to have a bit of a play with the accellerator pump settings. I have 46.5hrs on it now and no complaints

Hopefully you are not sitting in neutral or have the bike on a stand and whacking the throttle open? Have read so many complaints about this same thing on bikes with carbs yet under load they run fine. When are you observing the behavior? I can say hands down that even when running a gear or two too high and lugging along my 500 pulls smooth when I crack the throttle open. So far the FI has been perfect from idling at a stop to full go without any glitches, you mention your bike is up and running after "mods" - what has been done?

Mods are: removing cat, silencer filter, electronic exhaust control sitting on the exhaust pipe and the plug/filter between air filter box and intake/EFI/Carb.

I will double check because i know that it has both different ignition curves and EFI curves depending on which mode the bike is in (idle not good for that testing), im almost sure i experienced it during riding on the track.

I have fitted the JD kit & used the reccommended settings. With both the pipe and the JD kit it has removed the sluggish bottom end and made it pull smoothly onto the awsome mid. I do every now & then stall out when I crack the throttle ( by accident ) eg going over some rough terrain. But not very often. I need to have a bit of a play with the accellerator pump settings. I have 46.5hrs on it now and no complaints

Not to be confused about the language, this means you have silencer+"pipe", or only one part of the exhaust system?

• 2 years later...