Sign in to follow this  

Doing some arenacross this winter: 125 or 250f?

Haven't raced arenacross in a few years, always had fun doing them. I plan on doing a couple events in the novice class. I have an 07 rm125 and an 08 rmz250 and I weigh 130 lbs. I always preferred my rmz on the more open motocross tracks but on the tighter tracks I actually liked the 125 better since it was more flickable in tight turns and such.

Which should be my choice for the tight course of arenacross? Advantages to the 250f I see are more torque for the big catapult out of the corner, but a tad heavier. 125 I see as easily pointing and shooting in corners but more work to clear the catapult....

Haven't raced arenacross in a few years, always had fun doing them. I plan on doing a couple events in the novice class. I have an 07 rm125 and an 08 rmz250 and I weigh 130 lbs. I always preferred my rmz on the more open motocross tracks but on the tighter tracks I actually liked the 125 better since it was more flickable in tight turns and such.

Which should be my choice for the tight course of arenacross? Advantages to the 250f I see are more torque for the big catapult out of the corner, but a tad heavier. 125 I see as easily pointing and shooting in corners but more work to clear the catapult....

250f's seem to be the lites bike of choice for mx and areanacross.....

Id pick whatever you are faster on for the particular type of event

I vote 125. I think the lack of weight will help on an arenacross track, although you're going to have to beat the snot out of the clutch to keep with the 250s exiting corners (which is half the fun...).

Besides, you can't deny the coolness factor of an "old-school" 2-stroke. EVERYBODY will be riding a 250f...how gay is that? I miss the 'swarm of bumblebees' sound of the old 125 classes.

JayC

I vote 125. I think the lack of weight will help on an arenacross track, although you're going to have to beat the snot out of the clutch to keep with the 250s exiting corners (which is half the fun...).

Besides, you can't deny the coolness factor of an "old-school" 2-stroke. EVERYBODY will be riding a 250f...how gay is that? I miss the 'swarm of bumblebees' sound of the old 125 classes.

JayC

i also loved that sound... heh.. what has the world come to?