Sign in to follow this  

Seat Foam Question

I just got a new seat cover, but when I took the old one off I noticed the foam is kinda cracked up and loose on middle sides because the old seat cover was split in the middle on both sides, and soaked up water and whatever else. I went looking for a new foam piece, but I cant justify spending 60 plus on a piece of foam. I put some silicone on the areas that were in bad shape and I will see how that works. But in the mean time does anyone have a suggestion or cost effective solution to replacing the foam on the cheap? Or should I just ride it out with the old foam and see what happens? Seems a bit counterproductive to me though putting that nice new cover over the old foam. Also did anyone have to cut/modify the bottom of their seat cover on a 99-02 to make it fit over the seat frame brackets? Thanks!

Yeah no luck with fleabay, I guess silicone and old pieces of shoulder pads from the 80s will have to do now as a filler material haha

Go to a auto seat shop a have one made.Dennis kirk used to sell foam blocks,you supply the knife.

Carpet underpad, glue it in the holes with 3M super 77 adhesive, grind it flush with an angle grinder and use headliner material or thin foam over the whole thing to smooth it out.

nothing can replace new foam, except new foam. any glue will just rip off and will feel like crap. the idea above actually doesnt sound to bad, but its a alot of work and will only last so long. the foam is deteriorating, you cant stop it.

If you're going to be using glue on the seat foam, spot test it first to make sure it doesn't turn it to goo....