Sign in to follow this  

2000 kx85

Alright, so I just bought this bike, it's a KX85 00' model. Looks in pretty good nick, but I have one problem. The bike was selling for 1grand which is not what they're worth. They're worth around 1500-2000. The bike started after about 5-10 kicks, is this a sign saying i need a new top end? The bike is in the city and apparently hadn't been ridden for about a year and has just sat there so maybe it just hadn't been started in a bit? He started the bike, kicked it over about 6 times with the choke on, turned it off and then it went I'm pretty sure. An 85 also wasn't what I'm looking for, I sort of want a bigger bike, but I'll see how it goes on the weekend. I'm only small, 5ft 5" and 55kg maybe, I'm thinking a 125 would be a good size?

Change the gas.Clean the filter.Put fresh oil in the gearbox.Dont forget a new plug.Then ask your questions

An 85 also wasn't what I'm looking for

Keep looking for what you want not just what came up.Take your time the right bike will show up.:thumbsup:

Change the gas.Clean the filter.Put fresh oil in the gearbox.Dont forget a new plug.Then ask your questions

Yeah I will, thanks.

Keep looking for what you want not just what came up.Take your time the right bike will show up.:thumbsup:

Yeah I have mate, looked at a cr250, Yz250, rm125.. Was this close to buying an 88' RM125.. Mum thought it was too old, it was in really really good condition though.

Yeah well it was cheap so I thought there must be something wrong with it. I'm going to sell it or swap it for a 250/125 I think. I'll give it a ride today first and see what I reckon.