Sign in to follow this  

California CARB Removes KTM EXC's and Grn's From Sale

CARB REMOVES KTM EXC's & Green Stickered bikes from being able to be sold.

Yesterday morning I prepaid for a 2012 KTM 500 EXC-F. The bike should be at the local dealer this week.

Great.

Yesterday afternoon the dealer received the directive from KTM removing all EXC's and Green Stickered bikes from being sold due to some problem with CARB compliance. Unknown resolution time period.

Swell.

I called CARB to check the status of KTM certification. I was told that a manufacturer's certification is confidential information, including the status of it. I asked if a Freedom of Information request would require CARB to produce their records. Once again, I was told that this info is exempt from FOI.

This country and state, in particular, are getting really scary. Not only are we helplessly controlled by the entrenched bureaucrats, we are prevented from information that they supposedly use to make their decisions.

Does anyone know someone at a KTM importer/distributor level to attempt to ascertain more info?

👍 I heard of this a little while back. I was hoping it was just a rumor (not that I am buying a new KTM). I just get really irritated over this BS. http://www.killcarb.org/ We really need to get united and stand up to this rogue agency and the insanity that is our State Government (I know the two are not directly related). Sorry to hear this! I hope KTM can get this worked out and you can get your new skooter.

I just spoke to the dealer in Bakersfield. He has five new KTM's that buyer's want to purchase and cannot. He is being told by KTM that CARB has passed all the KTM's in question but has not issued the certification yet. Apparently CARB, in its usual arrogance, completes tasks when they feel like it and they are immune from any mechanism to force them to complete things in a timely manner. The dealer said that CA has some pending legislation to force CARB to expedite certifications when necessary.

Good luck on that, Brown would veto it anyway.

I just spoke to the dealer in Bakersfield. He has five new KTM's that buyer's want to purchase and cannot. He is being told by KTM that CARB has passed all the KTM's in question but has not issued the certification yet. Apparently CARB, in its usual arrogance, completes tasks when they feel like it and they are immune from any mechanism to force them to complete things in a timely manner. The dealer said that CA has some pending legislation to force CARB to expedite certifications when necessary.

Good luck on that, Brown would veto it anyway.

You got that right! No way Moonbeam would ever sign anything that remotely made sense:bonk: Gotta go now and buy a booster seat I don't think I am tall enough to ride in a car without one. Thanks Uncle Jer:banana:

You got that right! No way Moonbeam would ever sign anything that remotely made sense:bonk:

He had time to sign in the CA dream act yesterday, making CA taxpayer funds available for children of ILLEGAL aliens to go to college. 👍

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/111009/jerry-brown-signs-california-dream-act-illegal-immigrant

CARB REMOVES KTM EXC's & Green Stickered bikes from being able to be sold.

Yesterday morning I prepaid for a 2012 KTM 500 EXC-F. The bike should be at the local dealer this week.

Great.

Yesterday afternoon the dealer received the directive from KTM removing all EXC's and Green Stickered bikes from being sold due to some problem with CARB compliance. Unknown resolution time period.

Swell.

You might contact TT member Dave Wood and see if he knows anything.

Where is Bill Dart (former AMA rep, and BRC rep) when you really need him?

He was great at sorting out our CARB issues.

Great.

Swell.

Maybe you should stick with that 2 smoker Bob? Why do you want the weight/maintenance of the 500? Let's ride.

The good news is that the price for a used 2012 EXC just went up.

He had time to sign in the CA dream act yesterday, making CA taxpayer funds available for children of ILLEGAL aliens to go to college. 👍

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/111009/jerry-brown-signs-california-dream-act-illegal-immigrant

Vicious circle........can't get rid of the illegals, they vote for this dipstick and their kids get a free ride on us because of him and the like. Yet CARB can stick it to us at every turn and we have to take it:foul:

Can't put into writing what I'm thinking:busted:

Hey John:

I would never give up my '11 250 SX for technical stuff. Every time I ride it I come back saying that I don't believe that there is a better bike for the tight stuff.

The new plated 500 is going to replace my '08 530 and possibly my green stickered '02 200 EXC, also (If I like the 500 a lot). Of course, this is only if the CARB nazi's allow KTM to sell in CA.

Bob

You might contact TT member Dave Wood and see if he knows anything.

Where is Bill Dart (former AMA rep, and BRC rep) when you really need him?

He was great at sorting out our CARB issues.

bill dart is living in idaho and getting PAID to build OHV trails by the state and is loving it 👍

This is what happens when either government or any entity aquires too much power and money.

**** CARB, **** JERRY BROWN, **** THE STATE LEGISLATURE, **** EM ALL!!

I'd have a few more choice things to say, but I don't want to end up on another "watch list".

Ass holes!

I'd have a few more choice things to say, but I don't want to end up on another "watch list".

Ass holes!

I think your already on their list:lol:

• Like 1

Arizona is only 5 hours away.

Although they aren't there yet, Arizona is starting to get a contagion from this moronic state. Flagstaff was one of my favorite areas, but NAU and the city have grown enough that they are swinging left. We looked at Arizona this year and to tell the truth we were totally surprised by what we saw. Yes, there are many good points to being able to plate a 2t and any bike/ATV that almost swayed me, but...... A lot of the trails that were once prized single track are now being shut down, plus they have dust days.........you can't even ride when they call them out. The best areas to live are by far the most remote.... Payson for one is awesome, but when you have a wife that doesn't want to be that far out......what are ya gonna do?👍

Arizona is only 5 hours away.

Lets get together and buy a place in AZ. Any takers? 5 people on 100,000.00 house and property???

Although they aren't there yet, Arizona is starting to get a contagion from this moronic state. Flagstaff was one of my favorite areas, but NAU and the city have grown enough that they are swinging left. We looked at Arizona this year and to tell the truth we were totally surprised by what we saw. Yes, there are many good points to being able to plate a 2t and any bike/ATV that almost swayed me, but...... A lot of the trails that were once prized single track are now being shut down, plus they have dust days.........you can't even ride when they call them out. The best areas to live are by far the most remote.... Payson for one is awesome, but when you have a wife that doesn't want to be that far out......what are ya gonna do?:ride:

Tell wife tuff shat, you married me for my sex. you don't like it? bail....👍

Ass holes!

Didn't you know they are now know as "Chad lists."

More seriously, KTM probably messed up some paperwork. Well I'm hoping that it's something simple like that. I think that KTM sells street legal EXC's in Europe and the smog regs there are nearly the same as we have here in the Peoples Republic of CA.