Sign in to follow this  

Wisconsin Visiting Wisconsin

I will be spending a couple weeks in Wisconsin including a weekend with nothing to do. (the weekend of the 29th/30th of October.

I was thinking maybe I would take my bike with me and find a place to ride...

I will be near Eau Claire...

Current thought is arkansawmx if it is good weather, or SandBox indoor if it is bad weather. Anyone have any recommendations? (I am looking for MX/SX)

Those are probably your two best bets right there. Lots of folks from MN head over to Arkansaw, I don't know if there's any tracks closer to Eau Claire...

I am not too worried about the distance... If the weather is good, maybe I will do both then.

Looks like Sandbox will not be open til the following weekend... I'll miss it.

I hope conditions stay good for Arkansaw. Is anyone here from near there?

My parents and I run the Arkansaw track. The weather has been good and the track is groomed and watered during the weekend. Oct. 30th weekend will be our last weekend open due to Fall hunting etc... It's about 45 minutes from Eau Claire. My mom actually works in Eau Claire.

We are open during the week as well if you can get down in the evening.

I have to make the decision about bringing my bike by this weekend (for riding the weekend of the 29th/30th). Maybe I will check back with you by the end of the week. Thanks

Not according to the people at the sandbox, that was their target, but the GM over there said "had some last minute equipment fall through and want to have a little more time to get the track ready for the winter season" Opening day will be Nov 3