Sign in to follow this  

2011-2012 rmz 450 ims fuel tank

anyone running one on their bike? My 2009 tank will not fit on my new 2012. When I look up part # -says fits 08-11. maybe they redesigned since i bought my 2009 tank in 2009. thanks

Well last weekend i decided to run my 2011 RMZ450 in a beach race at Skegness as my 250 let me down at the Weston beach race and i therefore tried my IMS tank from my 2008.5 on the bike and after offering it up without the fuel pump i decided to swap all of the bits over and try to fit it, lo and behold it fit!!!!!!!!!!! the seat was a bit tricky to get on as you almost have to bend it in have to locate the hooks that hold it in place but the long and short of it is that it fit and i had no problems running it at the race. 1 pit stop at halfway distance in a 3 hour beach race in very soft dry deep sand. only a cup full left in the tank once the race was over but i did not run dry. RESULT

I have 2 2011 and both have the IMS tank on. So not sure but I know a friend of mine took his off of a 09 and put it right on to a 2011.