Sign in to follow this  

new 2012 yfz450 or.....

hey guys I have a 09 raptor 250 and i need more power. I am 14 5,4 and 130lbs and have been riding my 250 every weekend at the track since i got it i cant seem to get the power I want since i now have a crf150r mx bike. I can get 3,000 for my raptor and get http://tulsa.craigslist.org/mcy/2626349842.html or a trx400ex/z400 or a 2012 yfz450 . would it be better in the long run to get the used or new 450 or stick with the 400? 👍

The 400's are not the hot setup if you are into track, but they ARE the all time best trail quads!

If you into track and can get a new YFZ, by all means do that!!!

The 400's are not the hot setup if you are into track, but they ARE the all time best trail quads!

If you into track and can get a new YFZ, by all means do that!!!

I guess im just a little nervous about all the power and all.I probably will not grow out of it and it would be great for our dune trips. the craigslist add seems a little too good to be true,I can get that for my 250 raptor. I will also be doing some trails, I have fun on trails and the quad I get wont stop me, but I spend more time on the track and dunes.

Stock, they come pretty corked up. If you are concerned with getting in over your head, ride it stock for a while, before you mod it up for more power.

Stock, they come pretty corked up. If you are concerned with getting in over your head, ride it stock for a while, before you mod it up for more power.

yeah I rode a stock 06 yfz 450 yesterday and it was allot of power. but i could handle it. so thanks for the info.