Sign in to follow this  

Michigan 1 day to ride - where would you go?

Ok guys,

I am coming to Michigan on family business (have to post bail!). i have all day sunday to myself, and a XC-W 250. and a brother stupid enough to come along! (so stupid he rides one of those pseudoswede 4 strokes)

So where would you recomend for the day. We can drive up early sunday, or go up and stage saturday night if hotels would be available - isn't it hunting season? will we need to wear orange?

Carl Johansson

Where in Mi will you be strarting the drive up? How challenging of a trail would you like?

Where in Mi will you be strarting the drive up? How challenging of a trail would you like?

Ok, staging out of Troy, on the northern edge of the burbs, right on I-75. Prefer fairly technical, and some fun stuff too, good scenery is always a plus. i am hoping for 8 hours of riding - 50 - 75 miles, good workout but not exhausting!

Thinking St Helen if it is rainy and Rose City if it is dry.

Not sure how late we will be on Saturday so it might be tough to leave Saturday night.

Thinking St Helen if it is rainy and Rose City if it is dry.

Not sure how late we will be on Saturday so it might be tough to leave Saturday night.

well I was thinking the same thing, but oTOH, it gives us an excuse to sneak out early. i have no idea what the hotle situation would be, i assume it's hunting season!

its bow season right now. legaly you can ride all day untill firearm season which is the 15th of november.

If you are going to Missaukee, Lansing Cycle club is having their annual club ride. Hook up with them and ride some of the Jack Pine stuff.

If you are going to Missaukee, Lansing Cycle club is having their annual club ride. Hook up with them and ride some of the Jack Pine stuff.

Sounds fun...good thing Im going to be there 👍

Hows the girlfriend feeling.

Sore still but doing way better. Shes not going this weekend. Told me to go out and have fun with the boyz.... 👍

Mio / Hunt Creek would be my choice. About 3-3.5 hrs out of Troy just east of Lewiston Mi. Mio is the southern loop much less technical but still fun, and hunt creek is definately a blast. Both together would be about 70 miles and you will be pooped when you finish, unless you are super man...

Another great ride slightly closer would be Evart...NW of Troy about 2.5 hr drive. Smallish loop but plenty if you ride twice. Tight technical stuff no open.

The only real challenge is the drive home after either of these...if you go to Hunt Creek/Mio you will not dissapointed I promise. The woods are beautiful and the trails provide a nice challenge with some great variety...just my 2 cents.