Sign in to follow this  

WR 250 hard to start

Hi, on saturday I change the air filter and after that the bike is very hard to start, only starts up wide open, this problem is when cold and after 1 hour of riding is the same, I put it of and the only way to start again was wide open.

Has anybody had this trouble? I think that the only problem i´m having is that the new air filter is making high restriction on the air intake...

I´m right?

Thanks

Eduardo

A clean filter won't cause a lot of restriction, regardless of it being new or used.

Does the bike idle normally? Or does it stall out? Sounds like you have a little gunk in the carb that needs to be cleaned out.

My thought is that if the bike did not have these issues prior to the airfilter change, then the change is making the mixture too lean - which will cause the bike to be hard to start unless you get more gas into the mixture. Probably why it will start with the throttle wide open.

Ok thanks for the answers, before the new air filter, it has something that restricts less than the air filter, was something like a filter but not fulfill its function....

So I buy the new filter and there started the problem...before that the bike start at second kick, choke on no throttle so I think that maybe is too rich......

Next weekend I will take air filter and try like that if it´s start at first or second kick Thats all the problem.

The bike Idle normally once start...