Sign in to follow this  

11 YZ 125 22hr update

11 yz 125 has been great and trouble free for 22.4 hrs. need to do a few things now.

22-hrs-007-L.jpg

22.4 hrs

22-hrs-001-L.jpg

Sprockets are still ok but chain is done, I'm surprised how long they have lasted?

22-hrs-003-L.jpg

22-hrs-002-L.jpg

22-hrs-004-L.jpg

I wanted to go up a gear on the rear so replacing it all.

22-hrs-008-L.jpg

I put Fastway pegs on it right away, There great !

22-hrs-005-L.jpg

The DEP pipe and silencer are perfect for this bike, very happy with them. Got one small dent though....probably from chasing 450's

22-hrs-006-L.jpg

Rear brake gets red hot and fades very quick, everything is working correctly so not sure why it is turning red hot?

22-hrs-009-L.jpg

Fresh oil, i have changed 3 or 4 times already.

22-hrs-010-L.jpg

22-hrs-011-L.jpg

Removing the sprocket is much easier on a MRP tire stand.

22-hrs-012-L.jpg

Just waiting for the tires to show up....I think Mr Brown delivers to me last just to screw with me...

Riding MX? might consider a piston as well?

Good looking bike!

I called my motor guy and he said 40-50 hrs is fine, I was going to do one now but he said to wait. My friend has a 167 with 140 hrs on the piston, I couldn't believe it?

whew 40-50 hrs on a cast piston is alot! Esp in a 125! Id advise against waiting that long.

But if you trust your motor guy then go for it.

He's a former pro and 125 Guru in the area, does just about everybodys 2 stroke motors in these parts. I will say that the bike runs perfect right now (probably just jinxed myself) I went up to a 440 Mainjet and run 1 gal of race gas(leaded 110) to 4 gal reg with Maxima SuperM at 32-1 and it is super crisp and clean.

A little antiseeze on the chain adjuster bolts.

004-L.jpg

Greesed up everything

003-L.jpg

New Renthal non oring chain, sprockets and Dunlop MX51 tire

005-L.jpg

450 eater

006-L.jpg

And i'll be able to turn...

007-L.jpg

The 99 after a long season....waiting for it's turn on the lift

008-L.jpg

Nice bike and cool shop. Just bought myself an 11 yz myself. I had to, my son wouldn't let me ride his 2010 yz anymore.👍

As for the garage, I just finished insulating and drywalling it. Just gotta get some heat in there so I can work on the bikes this winter.

I was on a 150 last bike and I loved it but had some issues with it...This shelf was made for it...

005-L.jpg

Output shaft broke and took out over $1000 in parts some of whic were on backorder for a month?

ktm-parts-1-L.jpg

Decided to go Blue and have not regretted the decision. Not faster but easier to ride and GREAT suspension:thumbsup:

Nice bike and cool shop. Just bought myself an 11 yz myself. I had to, my son wouldn't let me ride his 2010 yz anymore.👍

As for the garage, I just finished insulating and drywalling it. Just gotta get some heat in there so I can work on the bikes this winter.

I did radiant heat in the floor, Best money I ever spent!

I was on a 150 last bike and I loved it but had some issues with it...This shelf was made for it...

005-L.jpg

Output shaft broke and took out over $1000 in parts some of whic were on backorder for a month?

Decided to go Blue and have not regretted the decision. Not faster but easier to ride and GREAT suspension:thumbsup:

Nice to see someone else has a place to hang up old parts! The wall in our garage started as a "Wall of Shame" where we just put stuff that should have been changed or broke. Cracked rim, bent shift fork, cables etc as a reminder to be vigilant, although it just changed to old parts being thrown in.

Love your shop though, the amount of space is amazing, although roughly the same size as my garage. Too many bikes, trailer and everything jammed in it.

He's a former pro and 125 Guru in the area, does just about everybodys 2 stroke motors in these parts. I will say that the bike runs perfect right now (probably just jinxed myself) I went up to a 440 Mainjet and run 1 gal of race gas(leaded 110) to 4 gal reg with Maxima SuperM at 32-1 and it is super crisp and clean.

Got ya... forgive me as I wasnt trying to sound offensive.👍 I just dont trust pushing parts that far in a naturally high RPM motor such as a 125. Thats the reason cast parts scare the crap outta me, heck I wont even push my forged pistons that far. Probably the reason Im not an engineer or professional mechanic.:ride:

Am I the only person that is gonna point out that your shop area ROCKS ! Dang that is sweet.

I think most have pointed it out in his previous posts. Its trick, thats for sure! My work area is huge (about 3 times that size but its hard to judge by pics) but no where near that nice and is usually a wreck as I always have something torn to peices in it. Id swap him shops in a heart beat.:worthy::worthy:

Ftball I agree with you on the pistons but my mechanic probably has 20 guys on 125's so I trust him. And after my friend said he had 140 hrs on his I guess I can go 40-50?