Sign in to follow this  

exc200?

Hmmm, it really depends on condition. If it's pretty clean and won't need any immediate attention like sprockets and chain, wheel bearings, tires, etc... that's not a bad price. If it's ragged and needs some elbow grease and parts, then that's too high.

I paid $1500 for a 2001 250exc in excellent condition last March from a private seller. If it is in excellent condition I think that is a great deal. If not, I would pass because you will end up dumping another $500+ into it.

well, it's been at the dealership for a long time, it needs graphics but it doesn't really NEED those, otherwise http://www.funmartcycle.net/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06667902X10K13K2011J10I00I42JAMQ6874R0&veh=911&pov=2205596 thats what it looks like! idk i think it looks pretty good, apparently it's the owner of the dealership's bike, don't think price would be negotiable then..

If its been there a while...odds are its not an incredible deal. Really good deals get bought very quickly by knowledgeable buyers. I tend to steer away from dealerships for used bikes. Buy from an individual and know what you are looking for, that is key.

In that case, I guess you dont have alot of options. Go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, tell them all it needs, and try to talk them down a couple hundred.

In that case, I guess you dont have alot of options. Go over the bike with a fine tooth comb, tell them all it needs, and try to talk them down a couple hundred.

in my area, that bike in average shape would sell for 1800 on CL easy

in my area, that bike in average shape would sell for 1800 on CL easy

I recently bought a 2007 300 XC with low hours for $2700....thats a deal. Its really hard to say if the 200 is a deal or not without seeing it in person and riding it. Regarldless of how much work the bike needs, I always try to get the seller down a few hundred...why not?

yea really thinking of getting it, it's got inverted forks and that year didn't it's obvious the guy liked the bike enough to do that, why would he not care for it regularly. if theres something wrong with it ill pay list if they give me the parts to fix it. but yea, looking on ebay they go about 2k lately.. i think i'm going to go for it... hope my dad will finance me haha

I recently bought a 2007 300 XC with low hours for $2700....thats a deal. Its really hard to say if the 200 is a deal or not without seeing it in person and riding it. Regarldless of how much work the bike needs, I always try to get the seller down a few hundred...why not?

You also live in the south, where bike prices are much lower than Washington, where I live.

From what I have read on this forum, Ive noticed that bike prices tend to be cheaper down here. Im not sure why...it may be a cost of living thing.

From what I have read on this forum, Ive noticed that bike prices tend to be cheaper down here. Im not sure why...it may be a cost of living thing.

The economy... cost of living, income, but I think most of all, the amount of quality, maintained riding areas is much higher where I live. KTm 2 strokes are priced high, and sell very quickly 👍

so i counted it all out, and i'm about 400 bucks short, should i ask my dad if he'd loan me and have me work it off? or should i sell one of my guitars?

bikes > guitars... lol

remember there is tax, gas, parts, etc etc, buy a bike you can afford

i know there's tax and what not, my dad told me he'd take car of the tax for me (idk why..) but guitars+music=horny hot chicks...

this an incredibly difficult choice... :ride:

I think you got the equation wrong.... Im pretty sure the real equation involves alcohol though....👍