Which trials tire?

I don't think anyone makes a 19'' trials tire...besides it would defete the puropse.

You need a 18'' wheel, I have tried them all and to honest they all work good.

I run the tubliss system with a Dunlop and have so for about the past year.

It gets pretty muddy during the rainy season here so I remove some of the knobs to get better traction in the slime.

I can also run as low as 3psi in the rear.

don't use the IRC, its way too soft. The Pirelli is good and tough. it doesn't grip as well as the others, but still significantly better than a knobbie on hard pack. Oh, the pirelli doesn't really flex much when you turn. This is the tallest one. Its noticeably taller.

I like the dunlop, its soft, but not too soft. It wallows only a little, but only on high speed turns. takes about 15 seconds to get used to that.

I would run 2 rim locks on the trials tire. You won't get pinch flats really, but the bead may break and you'll end up spinning the tire on the rim and ripping of your valve stem.

No more than 8 lbs to get the real benefit.

I would run 2 rim locks on the trials tire. You won't get pinch flats really, but the bead may break and you'll end up spinning the tire on the rim and ripping of your valve stem.

Good info. No flats please, although I would imagine it is easier to ride back on a flat trials tire than a knob.

Shinko makes a 19", but the reviews all seem poor. So does a guy buy a new complete 18" wheel? I am really stoked about trying this out. Rekluse is on the way as well.?

don't use the IRC, its way too soft. The Pirelli is good and tough. it doesn't grip as well as the others, but still significantly better than a knobbie on hard pack. Oh, the pirelli doesn't really flex much when you turn. This is the tallest one. Its noticeably taller.

I like the dunlop, its soft, but not too soft. It wallows only a little, but only on high speed turns. takes about 15 seconds to get used to that.

I ran 2 rim locks with a uhd tube and allthough it worked ok at low pressures the bead would break free and all sorts of crud got into the tire.

The tubliss applies 120psi of pressure to the bead so it's not coming off even in a flat situation...in most cases that's a quick plug and fill with the co2 cart...and off you go.

Good info. No flats please, although I would imagine it is easier to ride back on a flat trials tire than a knob.

... Rekluse is on the way as well.?

Actually, riding a flat trials tire is a lot worse. Carry some metal tie wraps with you to hold that tire on the rim. It will be all over the place

A rekluse with a trials tire is almost like cheating... almost.

quite the oposite, when they go flat, they go totally flat like an air mattress
:ride:
I ran 2 rim locks with a uhd tube and allthough it worked ok at low pressures the bead would break free and all sorts of crud got into the tire.

The tubliss applies 120psi of pressure to the bead so it's not coming off even in a flat situation...in most cases that's a quick plug and fill with the co2 cart...and off you go.

tubliss seems cool. I rarely hear of flats with them. I have a front and rear tubliss setup that's been in the back of my garage for a year now. I need to mount it up and give it a try.

I don't think anyone makes a 19'' trials tire...besides it would defete the puropse.

There are a few 19" trials tires out there... a search of this very site will provide you with some pretty good info regarding widths, heights, and the experiences that guys have had running them. With a low section height on the sidewall you have to run higher pressures or you'll regret it. Most are finding that 15-psi is a pretty good starting point. On some terrain 10 psi and lower leads to slashed sidewalls.

VEE Racing

Shinko

This tire was released a year ago...

vee-title-page.jpg

Aloha

I did see the Shinko, but it seemed to get pretty poor reviews. It sounds like what you are saying is the 19" version has a shorter section height than the 18" version, shorter height=less area=more pressure required to provide adequate force to seat the bead on the rim, correct?

Most are finding that 15-psi is a pretty good starting point. On some terrain 10 psi and lower leads to slashed sidewalls.

Really. I have been using trials tires on and off for about 5 years and in every case, 15 is way too much. I would not really go any higher than 10lbs. You won't really get the full benefit of a trials tire if you do.

less than 10 on the 19" you sure about that mauricedorris?

I've ran less than 5 on my 18" mt43 but it has a LOT of sidewall

I've only run the 18's. Don't mean to mislead.

MT43 does have a tall sidewall and behaves better at speed, but in lower speed rock crawling, the dunlop grips noticeably better. The mt43 also gives my bike a bit of a stinkbug effect.

As I've gotten to be a better rider, I don't use the trials tire as much. But I do spoon it on sometimes because its fun to play with.

what is a stinkbug effect?

I use a trials tire on my 200 because it works so well for that bike, I dont use one on my sixdays 250, I'm not sure what riding skill has to do with it, in my case, nothing, I've been riding over 30 years, I'm not getting any better

what is a stinkbug effect?

I use a trials tire on my 200 because it works so well for that bike, I dont use one on my sixdays 250, I'm not sure what riding skill has to do with it, in my case, nothing, I've been riding over 30 years, I'm not getting any better

I mention riding skills because I am better at making the knobbie work than I was 6 years ago when I bought my first dirtbike. Its a great tire, but doesn't work as well for me when I am racing or riding enduros.

Looked at the VRM 308. Vee's site shows it as available in a 19", but none of the distributors seem to offer anything bigger than the 18". Maybe I am not looking hard enough.

This outfit looks like they might make some decent stuff. Any experience with their tires?