Sign in to follow this  

2003 450 exc stalls when going down hill

I have a 2003 450 exc and I have read many posts about people having this same problem and most have come to the conclusion that it is the float bowl level being to high. The thing that I have not seen in any of those threads is when I get to the bottom of the hill the idle seems to be very high and usually takes a few minutes to go back to normal...

It is also very hard to get it back started after it stalls on the hill. Even when im not riding on the hills if doesnt want to idle or even start for the mater... I started it up on saturday and it started right up and idled fine but i was unable to ride...

If anyone can tell me if this can also be caused by incorrect float bowl settings or some other problem please let me know asap...

Thanks,

Tony

P.S. I am taking it in to the shop on saturday but I would still like to know what the problem could be and how I might go about fixing it.

sounds like float level and or dirt in the jets., maybe the high idle could be the cables hung up or routed wrong under the tank too.