Sign in to follow this  

2007 250sx clutch cover differences.

i have a 2007 250sx, i cracked the outer clutch cover. i jb welded and is holding fine. but i've been searching for another clutch cover to go ahead and replace it,and have found 2003-07 is same part# and is $48.02, then 2008 has a part# all its own and cost nearly twice the amount $95.54,and then 2009-11 has another part# and cost $48.02. my question is,what is the differences, is it just the stamped lettering on the covers? i'd like to put a newer style cover on if it's fitment is the same. i've always thought the 2003 to current 250 motors are the basically the same. thanks for any information

nobody has any insight on this. just saw another similer question as mine. gmoss where you at?

nobody has any insight on this. just saw another similer question as mine. gmoss where you at?

The 2008 up part no the only change was really cosmetic... They will also bolt on the older bikes.

The 2009 up part no I "heard" was made more durable.mainly what they look like from boot wear rubbing on the side.

But IMO the older 2007 down clutch covers where more durable as far as looking better with increased hrs on the bike