Sign in to follow this  

yz450f or crf450f

i want to buy a 450 but dont know what to choose, Yamaha or Honda? which years are the better ones also? (not planning on buying a brand new bike) any advice would be great!

The Honda has a nice electric starter, and decent suspension.

The Yamaha is also good, suspension also good.

Very few people believe one is that much better han the other.

You can find excellent used ones in the $2500-3500.00 range.

Just make sure you know the history of either bike, as they both like to go through top-ends (valves)...

Enjoy!

M

The Honda has a nice electric starter, and decent suspension.

The Yamaha is also good, suspension also good.

Very few people believe one is that much better han the other.

You can find excellent used ones in the $2500-3500.00 range.

Just make sure you know the history of either bike, as they both like to go through top-ends (valves)...

Enjoy!

M

He said YZF or CRF not WR or CRFX. That means he is looking for an MX bike which will NOT have electric start for either brand.

With that said either bike is a good choice. I am a little partial to Yamaha myself because of the reliability of the motor. I still have my '02 426 that has still yet to need a valve adjustment, just regular oil/filter and air filter changes. I can't really knock the Honda either. They are great bikes, just don't expect as many hours out of it before rebuild time. Check em' both out and see what bike fits you better and find a nice clean stock bike that has lived an easy life. You can add what you feel is necessary as you spend more time on it.