Sign in to follow this  

WestVirginia Hatfield Mccoy any fun for bikes?

My brothers head there twice a year for a week at a time, and can't say enough good things about the place.

Some trail systems are better than others. Rockhouse and Buffalo Mtn are 2 that I can definitely recommend.

Indian Ridge is fun too. lots of easy trails, a few more difficult.

I have herd nothing but great things about the place but most people all say its best if you go with someone who knows their way around

did they open 197back up? or is that an older photo? The spot you are at in the first photo got me three or four times in a row last year...I finally gave up and did the trail in reverse!

Did Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge on my BRP last May. 170 miles total over two days and only crossed my own path a few times. Orange marked single track was tough on a 650, the Green and Blue trails are really easy. Black and Black & White can be very steep in places. Recon on foot before attempting some climbs. You may climb the visible slope only to find a much steeper slope further up obscured by trees. Same thing with downhill... Got myself in a couple of tough spots that way.

Hidden ATV ruts in mud puddles can be a beeotch. Watch out around blind corners for side-by-side UTVs that can hog the whole width of the trail.

A very fun time and HUGE trail system. I like Pinnacle Creek and Indian Ridge because they are connected via a 12 mile connector to make for a GINORMOUS trail system.