Sign in to follow this  

ttr 125 carbs

So I finally got our ttr 125 running properly. Have no idea what I did to actually make the fix but after cleaning it, rejetting with the 17.5 pilot / 110 main it continued its bastardly ways. Took it all apart, cleaned the gas tank, put an inline filter in place, cleaned all the fuel hoses, cleaned past the filter and in intake tube, cleaned carb again, was still a bastard. Since I already had the jets I got new O rings and a gasket and cleaned carb really good again and now she purrs like the bitch kitty she was meant to be, for my GF that is, I ride a 450 . Anyway I am thinking that damn O ring at the bottom of the main nozzle was giving me all the problems. Stupid O rings. Made me think of when my dad spent months messing the fuel injection on my Jetta only to finally discover it was one small oring causing all the problems.

Okay I lied damn thing is still acting up. cant figure out what else it could be. Bike starts right up idles you can ride then it starts acting up. Seems like once it is warmed up yo cannot give it gas or it will die. You can go ride, hold it wide open then as you are coasting it will die and not start back up, then it sits starts up but when you give it gas it dies right away. Soooooo stumped. Wondering what else it could be???

Edited by Towelie

Are you absolutely sure your pilot jet is 100% clean?

Yep and it wasnt the pilot it was that main nozzle washer that was giving me fits, got it fixed

Take the end cap off the silencer and see if the spark arrestor screen is clogged. Since you cleaned the carb I assume the choke plunger isn't frozen stuck in the choked position.

Does anyone even read before they comment?

Look, MTO was trying to help. You kinda rattled on about how you fixed it, and then you didn't. N1atEcon tried to help you with the pilot suggestion and you replied about how it was something else. Then MTO came along and tried to help YOU. He might have thought you were talking about what you did originally with your carb. I am sure he has many better things to do then to help you or anybody else but he did out of courtesy. You better hope that he or really anyone else might still be willing to help out someday with new issues your bike has. Personally, after reading your comment, I would probably just click on the back button and move onto another post. Good luck with that.👍

• Like 1

Oh please Mark, hows the air up there on that pedistal you sit on? Get over yourself