Sign in to follow this  

Bought an 05 110, quick parts question

today i took the plunge into the world of the drz/klx 110's. i picked up an 05 DRZ 110 with 143cc kit, clutch lever kit, intake and FMF exhaust, and protaper bars for $650. the bike runs really well suprisingly, because taking one look at it it looks really beat.

problems:

the engine burns oil, is there a general rebuild kit for these 143cc bore kits, or should i just pick up a whole new kit with head?

theres an oil leak at the transmission cover, the cover mating surface is the same for the manual cover correct, so i can head down to the dealer to order a gasket?

thanks, and any stuff worth mentioning to a new owner/new to 110 pitbikes would be greatly appreciated

edit: please supply links!

get a hold of mike at tbpart (trail bikes) and he can get you the piston you will need to replace your worn out one. Or you can call the list of sites below. Is there a logo on the cylinder of what 143 kit it is?

Yes the gasket will be the same. Look into getting a cradle mount so you dont rip the pegs out. other than that, rip on it and have fun!

sites: faster-minis.com; factorymotorsports.net; ahpminis.com

Edited by 03sik50

excellent, thanks man. ill grab the piston and some various seals, along with a cradle mount and a few other items for the big rebuild over winter. 👍

after a bit of riding i now have another question. with an on power shift from 2nd to 3rd, without pulling in the clutch lever(primary clutch still installed/semi auto) it seems to very easily "slip" into third, slowly. this would happen on some of my other bikes sometimes, but seemed to happen very rarely. it happens almost everytime with this bike unless i let off the gas heavily. not sure if this is normal? my mind tells me theres a worn part somewhere. my TTR90 3spd does not do this

edit - i just read another post relating information from the kickstarter not turning the motor over - because mine deffinatly does not do that 3 out of 4 times. part of the same problem?

Edited by Praetor353

bump - ripped the bike apart and the motor out yesterday. im thinking new motor cases, an $80 bearing and seals kit, case seals (actually found to be leaking, not the clutch cover), piston and rings, and a 4th gear shift drum along with removing the autoclutch. anything else that should be replaced? anything in the head? what would YOU replace on a beat-up motor? i allmost want to buy a whole new bore kit w/head, though that would most deffinatly be a waste of money

if your into the side covers and cases put in a hardened 2nd gear from CHP as well as a hd output shaft, hd clutch springs, billet shift star. Check all the tranny gears and make sure they are in good shape.