Sign in to follow this  

what to do about wind noise around helmet

Is it just me or are there others who notice loud wind noise around their helmets? What can I do to reduce the wind noise? I don't have a windshield. I use ear plugs, but I still seem to get excessive noise at highway speeds from wind rushing underneath and around my helmet. I have an Arai XD3 helmet.

Slow down lol! Seriously though, I've worn many helmets on many many bikes and the fact will always be, if your head is in the wind, your gonna hear it. I chalk it up to just being a part of riding. I personally hate windshields on bikes, just feels weird.

A small windshield is the only real cure. I modified a Spitfire by making new longer arms. now the wind hits the top of my helmet and I can listen to my tunes in peace. Looks dorky but I don't care..I ride for the three of us...me, myself & I.

My shoei DS Hornet is a lot quieter than my old shoei helmet, especially with the visor off. As a side not I love how quiet this helmet is, but I hate the visor and in the future would rather buy two helmets.

different ear plugs perform differently. Try a few different styles. Not all ear canals are the same.

Try something like the NOJ Quiet Rider. It's a skirt for the bottom of your helmet that cuts down on wind noise.