Sign in to follow this  

Florida How up for a trip to HP before it gets too cold?

I'm heading to Virginia the 4th, and slowly heading back South.

My initial plan was to hit Brushy the 10th and 11th. After hearing about Highland I thought it would be a good place to hit the 12th. :ride:

Obviously my plans are not in stone. I could probably make Highland for a few days if the dates work.:worthy:

Just wait at the trailheads for me.👍

Let's see who wants to go and then pick a date.👍

Scott,

I am definitely interested, and I can keep Reef company in the back of the pack. I do not think I'll be free in Nov, so will have to do after the weather warms up a bit. I am already tentatively planning on the week of March 24-31, 2012, and hope to hit both DP and HP. Hope you all can pull something together, and have a blast.

Rob

Me too. I know someone else who is also interested. I have a conference in Orlando Nov. 1,2,3,4 so I could not go the weekend of Nov. 5,6. FTR might reschedule the recently rained out race on Nov. 19,20 but I could skip it if everyone decides to go then.

Mark C

I'm ok except for Nov. 4th (BDay) and any W/E there is a FTR race. Been wanting to get back there since I went last year.

Gottta remember to bring my BBQ sauce for that frikkin' BBQ joint next to the liquor store.

Don:thumbsup:

Turns out the FTR race that was cancelled is being rescheduled for April so only one race that month and it is the first weekend Nov. 5/6 which I can't go to HP that weekend anyways. I suspect most people would want to spend Thanksgiving weekend with their family (relatives). So it looks like the weekends of Nov. 12/13 and Nov. 19/20 would be the most likely?

Mark C

Turns out the FTR race that was cancelled is being rescheduled for April so only one race that month and it is the first weekend Nov. 5/6 which I can't go to HP that weekend anyways. I suspect most people would want to spend Thanksgiving weekend with their family (relatives). So it looks like the weekends of Nov. 12/13 and Nov. 19/20 would be the most likely?

Mark C

Nov 12/13th works best for me as well. My house isn't too far from there.

Ill check my schedule.

do u need a spark arrestor for HP?

Ill check my schedule.

do u need a spark arrestor for HP?

Mark beat me to it.

1. NO LOUD EXHAUSTS

You MUST have a stock muffler or quiet performance muffler. All mufflers have to be in good shape and working correctly. We have muffler packing available, quiet inserts for most bikes/ATV's. We want you to ride, but everyone knows the #1 reason riding areas get closed down - NOISE. Please help our sport by keeping your machine reasonably quiet. We want you to enjoy Highland Park, but if you show up with a "BigMotherProCannon" muffler with a hole in the back big enough for birds to nest in, it's going to be too loud and you won't be riding here. If you have any questions CALL US BEFORE YOU COME OUT TO RIDE. We check loud bikes/ATV's with a decibel meter - 96 db is the limit.

Cool I have stock can but no sa. It prob needs to get packed. How is hp in december?

Cool I have stock can but no sa. It prob needs to get packed. How is hp in december?

Can be cold & wet....wet makes the place real slippery ...2nd WE of Nov?

Can be cold & wet....wet makes the place real slippery ...2nd WE of Nov?

Sounds good to me. Looks like everyone can make the 12th and 13th. Cool!

Edited by MrSmooth

I'm on the West Coast near Sarasota and have a 3 rail trailer. I can easily take two others and spit the gas and lodging.

....wet makes the place real slippery ...

Haha.....this statement makes me laugh!! 5 diamond in the rain!! 👍

I was just at Highland Park a week ago......BEAUTIFUL!!! Long ride, but totally worth it. Riding there makes you want to move to Georgia.

Did you book cabins yet? They were filling up fast!

How is the campground there? I know they don't have hook ups but that is ok. I have my own Honda generator for power.

Mark C

I'm calling tomorrow and booking a cabin for 2 nights.👍

Let me know if anyone wants to split a cabin and costs. I have one rule. You don't snore!:ride:

This sounds like fun. I'll be at Brushy the day before.:worthy: