Sign in to follow this  

Jobs?

First I'm not sure if this is a good place to put this or not so feel free to move it.

I am 15 and am looking for a job I would really like it to be something dirt bike/quad/jetski related. I am very mechanically inclined Good with computers and so on. What would some options be?

Start sweeping floors at local shops and then move upnfrom there. Problem is a lot of shops' insurance wont cover somebody your age. Good luck!!

Education at UTI? Wyotech maybe? There's no shortage of dudes who know computers and or motorsports and the equipment they're interested in. Take steps to be better than the mob you're in now if you want to make money. That get's the attention of the employer.

Well your going into grade 11 so do what I did and take a co-op at your local bike shop NOT THE DEALER!!!!! If he's a decent guy he'll most likely pay you and if you do a good job when your senoir year rolls around jump into an apprenticeship with him and you'll be half done by the time your out of high school plus they usually pay if you do a good job

Im kind of thinking if I walk in to one of the 2 dealers and talk to the manager on my own with all the proper paperwork I kinda think that will make me stand out

If you were 18, I'll call you a slacker. If you get into a shop as a minor, good for you . :-) Don't be upset though if your shop grows and a bunch of new guys come and get the high paying jobs because they have the training and the certificates to prove it. You could probably get the shop to pay your way through trade school. :-)

that add up quick. I worked over the summer(construction) maybe 120 hours and made 800 sold my rm and bought a newer yz250f so i know what its like.

I'm not sure what it's like where you live but a lot of times it's hard to find anywhere other than McDonalds that will hire anyone under 18. I would definitely try any other business before you go to fast food.

If you have an "industrial" area in your area there is almost always a small business that needs a kid to sweep the floors and take out the trash.

Also keep in mind that employers will think higher of you if you already have a job then if you don't. So get what ever you can now, then while working there you can try to find something that you may find more interesting.

no,no,no

Now listen get a CDL and get into off road trucks,its just a big ATV they pay you to drive. The best part is if you get it stuck they come and get it,not that they like you they want the truck back !

Off road trucks are as close to riding full time as you can get.Pays not to bad and for me its still a part time job,we dont work i the winter much.

Off season, no shop is hiring. You need to wait till spring to look for a dirt bike job. Unless there is a snowmobile shop in the area. Otherwise, 'do you want to supersize it' is you option.