Sign in to follow this  

need help deciding on a newer mx bike (honda)

So I'm just getting into motocross and I got a 91 cr125 for cheap just to see if I like it. Well I do and the 91 is really limited on suspension tunability so I am looking to upgrade.

I'm 26 female and weight 135ish with gear on. I am a begginer to motocross but a season trail rider. I would prefer a green sticker bike as I live in CA and want to be able to ride it year around. I am pretty much married to honda so unless you can give me some darn good reason I won't go with another brand. So that leaves me with the options of a 98-02 cr125 or a crf250x. I'm not made of money so I'm looking for something under 3k. What are you thoughts on either bike?

Also if I were to go red sticker my options are crf250r or 03-07 cr125 is it really worth giving up 5 months of riding to get either of these bikes?

For your price range you will be able to have a very nice bike.I think it all depends on what you want.If you want a green sticker purchase a 2002 or younger 2 stroke then spend some money on suspension and what ever makes you comfortable.If you don't care about the Red sticker then move in the direction of a newer 4 stroke but you will spend more money on maintenance.I live in California with a red sticker bike but that doesn't stop my riding I just hit the tracks.👍