Sign in to follow this  

YZ's Fouling plugs anyone???

Does anyone have yz's that foul plugs like crazy? I have a 2001 YZ250 and im fouling plugs. I even tryed the iridium plug lasted longer but still gave out. Could the plug wire give out?

Rejet, I luckily bought mine set up right. The plug in my 02 is two years old and I ride in the woods like an old man. Starts first kick after setting for months at a time.

re-jet leaner and stay on the throttle, not off. bad gas mixture? maybe worn rings are allowing too much oil into the combustion chamber?

disclaimer-i'm no expert with working on 2-strokes.

Is this a new problem or has it always been like this? Either you need to rejet or you might need to replace the right hand crank seal.

re-jet leaner and stay on the throttle, not off. bad gas mixture? maybe worn rings are allowing too much oil into the combustion chamber?

disclaimer-i'm no expert with working on 2-strokes.

Well your are correct with one of those statements.

There are transfer ports that allows fuel/air mixture to enter the combustion chamber from the crank case. (basic 2 stroke design). Now worn rings can cause low compression, which inturn can cause problems. Sounds like a crank seal is leaking sucking up trans oil into combustion chamber

I have a 2001 YZ250.When i bought the bike the jetting was 190 and 50 (50 is standard pilot) i changed the jetting to 178 and 48 and it made a world of difference. I haven't fouled a plug yet even when riding like a granny