Sign in to follow this  

Minnesota Mazeppa HS Oct 16

Well, must not be many Golden Eagle members representing here, huh? Here's some free advertising:

Last harescramble of the year at Hurricane Hills - should be awesome conditions and a great ride. Everyone ready to rumble?

Should be an awsome race with some of the rain we got I hope its not so dusty. Ill be there working the event. Was a

blast last year. We cut a few new trails for this year. Hopefully everthing works out with the local farmers and we can run some crazy fields to keep you on your tows. One of these years im going to race it.

Is the trailer in ?

The last time I stepped into the trailer my foot went trough the floor....just fast flowing trail for you this weekend.

Darn it all to hill. As usual. The observed trials and off road events are on the same weekend.

Thielman two day trials this weekend.

I am looking forward to being there and maybe crash the Vet-B party.

Paul

I am looking forward to being there and maybe crash the Vet-B party.

Paul

👍 No Vet B Party this year...Was a great race though I got flat on the 3rd lap came back and put a blue rim on off I went...There is quite the discussion about Mazeppa going on the armca forum.

I've been wanting to do this race for a number of years now but after watching a helmet cam movie of it I'm not so sure I'd want to. I've raced one HS and it was fun with the exception of the bottle necks. They are so aggravating that they take all the fun away for me. The movie I watched was from a Vet C rider so that may have been part of the issue - is it a little better in the B class? At least for the first lap I'd guess so but once you get into lappers I bet it's the same old story.

I'm no Ricky Carmichael or David Knight by a LONG shot but I think I'd just go WFO into the nearest tree if I had to be in a race like that every week-end!

Sorry for the rant - no offense intended to anyone:ride:

Maybe it's just best to do the occasional MX race and just ride Nemadji as much as possible. Hopefully more than once over the last couple of years:foul:

I've been wanting to do this race for a number of years now but after watching a helmet cam movie of it I'm not so sure I'd want to. I've raced one HS and it was fun with the exception of the bottle necks. They are so aggravating that they take all the fun away for me. The movie I watched was from a Vet C rider so that may have been part of the issue - is it a little better in the B class? At least for the first lap I'd guess so but once you get into lappers I bet it's the same old story.

I'm no Ricky Carmichael or David Knight by a LONG shot but I think I'd just go WFO into the nearest tree if I had to be in a race like that every week-end!

Sorry for the rant - no offense intended to anyone:ride:

Maybe it's just best to do the occasional MX race and just ride Nemadji as much as possible. Hopefully more than once over the last couple of years:foul:

There were two tight sections....one that was around 200' and the other was 300' long out of 9 miles of trail. People really need to buck up and race the race and stop worrying about 500' of tight trail. If I'm trail boss next year "C" class will be cut out of the tight stuff and will have a shorter lap due to it and we won't have so may change overs to worry about as a club. Hope you can make it...you'll have a blast.

Sounds like Mike Alessi showed up and blocked everyone I guess?

Personally I wasn't near the "incident" nor did I see anything but man there is a lot of crying going on about a bad race...And apparently the Vet B championship is super important to some people.

Rob I really liked the trail and had absolutely no complaints about the trail you guys did an excellent job!

You honestly could make an assumption about a race based off some shotty helmet cam video? Wow...show up and race then make a post about how you hated it...No offense to anyone though.

Yeah, I didn't make it to this race but have done it the past 3 years. It was always one of my favorites because the layout was always nice and flowing with all kinds of places to pass. Just a great mix of everything, similar to the Millville races.

The footage that I saw looked like nearly all of the trail from the previous years was used. Wish I could've made it, dang.

👍 No Vet B Party this year...Was a great race though I got flat on the 3rd lap came back and put a blue rim on off I went...There is quite the discussion about Mazeppa going on the armca forum.

Sorry to hear about your flat...looks like you were running in 2nd when it happened also, that sux!

Try these tubes if you keep getting flats....

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=144&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&prodFamilyId=311

Yes, this race certainly brought up lots of discussion on the ARMCA board! C race was bottleneck city, doesn't help when I'm asleep at the wheel at the start! If I did man up and ride B class, at least I'd have room to myself at the back of the pack, so I'm not complaining...

If you want to try a HS, do Stone Lake - never seen or been in a bottleneck there, fast fun course, great moto track and venue overall.