Sign in to follow this  

What do you think a Perfect Bike Setup for a harescramble is?

In terms of the ultimate bike set up, or the ultimate like mods?

MODS:

suspension re-spring/valve

guards....lots of guards (skid plate, disc guards, rad guards, hand guards etc)

Lower gearing (usually)

Steering stabilizer

Auto clutch

Wide pegs

fat bars (preferably twin walls)

pillow top grips

tall/softish seat

Larger fuel tank

In terms of the ultimate bike set up, or the ultimate like mods?

MODS:

suspension re-spring/valve

guards....lots of guards (skid plate, disc guards, rad guards, hand guards etc)

Lower gearing (usually)

Steering stabilizer

Auto clutch

Wide pegs

fat bars (preferably twin walls)

pillow top grips

tall/softish seat

Larger fuel tank

Yesssss! Like the list!

for that 125 I would bump up the compression a little add a small flywheel weight and do the RM piston mod. It will make that bike much more happy to be ridden at lower rpms and be lugged.

my first hare scramble race bike was a 2003 cr125....I bored it out to a 134, did the RM piston mod and a flywheel weight boyesen rad valve, shorty silencer, PC pipe, drilled out the air box, ran a 2007 air boot and she was about as good as a 125 was gonna ever be in the tight woods.

although I should tell you, I raced 3-4 races on the cr and sold the bike (lost like $2500 bucks) and bought an RM250 and converted that to a woods bike.

for that 125 I would bump up the compression a little add a small flywheel weight and do the RM piston mod. It will make that bike much more happy to be ridden at lower rpms and be lugged.

my first hare scramble race bike was a 2003 cr125....I bored it out to a 134, did the RM piston mod and a flywheel weight boyesen rad valve, shorty silencer, PC pipe, drilled out the air box, ran a 2007 air boot and she was about as good as a 125 was gonna ever be in the tight woods.

although I should tell you, I raced 3-4 races on the cr and sold the bike (lost like $2500 bucks) and bought an RM250 and converted that to a woods bike.

Saw your first post, was going to ad bumping up compressin etc on a 125 but I see you have it well taken care of 👍