Acerbis Tank for '10-12

http://www.acerbis.com/fuel-tanks.php?idp=622&ids=37&id_categoria=4

Has anyone tried this tank for the the 2010-2012 YZ450? I've been searching all over the internet and this is all I can find. I'd like to at least see a picture of it mounted on a bike. Just trying to explore all my options for the new bike. Thanks you all for any additional info.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ended up getting the Acerbis. So far I like it alot. The MDR cap is pretty cool however it's not something I will be using. The tank is slip and fits very well, the seat slipped right on without bending up the front at all. The plastic itself isn't as white as the IMS from what I could tell and it has a slight texturing to it.

I didn't like the plain look so I went to a graphics shop in town and got some bulk vinyl in blue and white. I then cut it out to follow the factory lines leaving a gap in between the blue and white to monitor the fuel level. Overall I'm happy with the tank, I can hardly notice the extra size.

Please ignore the messy garage, its packed full of bikes and quads so there wasn't much room left for the less important stuff.:bonk:

100_3580.jpg

100_3578.jpg

100_3576.jpg

100_3575.jpg

you my friend are a legend, thanks very much for putting these up

heres a pic i found of the IMS tank i found on the net the other day

DSC2531.jpg

from what i can tell form pic the IMS has the stock bulges/plastic lines molded into it and the acerbis is smooth on the sides

paul

• 3 weeks later...