Sign in to follow this  

04 125 cylinder

Hey all, I've tried searching TT and the net, and have come up with answers saying yes and no.

I'm wondering what years will cross over, for a cylinder, head and piston. I seem to find good deals on 03, some say fits up to and past the 04 model, some say only to 03.

So do I keep looking for an 04 specifically or will a 03 match up?

Thanks!

👍

04-07 will fit, the stroke was changed in 04. The 01-03 have a shorter stroke and I am not sure if Suzuki made up the differance in the cylinder length or raised the cases. I don't have am 03 or 04 cylinder side by side to compare. What is wrong with your cylinder? Be cheaper and better to just replate it.

Thanks for the reply, I'l keep my eye out for the proper one. This is supposed to be a winter project but I'm starting to tear things apart slowly.

The cylinder is in my opinion beyond repair, not that I'm a pro at what cylinders can and cant be repaired, but heres a photo!

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0639.jpg

That can be fixed for around $250 compared to the cylinders that I have had replated. I use US Chrome and the work is top notch. They may even have an exchange cylinder in stock if you want a quick turn around. If your cylinder has port work, you may not want to swap out cylinder, or you mite if your looking for stock port work. Good luck on your rebuild.

I'l have to look into that, Thanks for the info!

I'm starting to question that this bike is not an 03. I picked the bike up cheap, it was left outside and badly abused, couldnt say no. Running the Frame Vin tells me its an 03. I tried to research the Engine number to confirm but have had no luck.

VIN: JS1RF16C832101982

ENGINE: F134 - 113948