Sign in to follow this  

California Kennedy Meadows 10/20 to 10/23/11

Looking good for KM 9 days out. Troy overflow, but, down the east side loop another 1/4 to 1/2 mile, big open spot on left so we can all share one fire.

I taking my buddy Ed, good rider and fun camper. We will plan to hit camp around 2 on Friday. White F350, Lance camper, CRF450x and Husky 510TE, both plated, brown utility trailer.

Who's in for an early winter trip?

Hey Randy, Trying to clear this weekend with the GF. Hopefully I can make the last KM romp of the season.

Braap!

Ed and me are in. We will be levn home Friday morn by 9 am. Lets hope the weather holds up. Steve O is a maybe.

Perfect time of year, shoud be a ghosttown.

Went last year November 5-7. Talk about freezing your ass off... Only 4 people on the mountain, that includes myself and uncle!

I am in too. I could leave Thursday evening, let me know if anybody will be up there Friday morning.

Temps are still OK, high 30's at night mid 60s' during the day.👍:thumbsup:

Let's do this! :ride:

Oct. 15 71 high low 40. Heres the info for the black Rock ranger station.http://cdec.water.ca.gov/jspplot/jspPlotServlet.jsp?sensor_no=9348&end=10%2F11%2F2011+23%3A37&geom=medium&interval=20&cookies=cdec01 .See if that works.

Hey Bill, that is some good info about the temps, wow it went down to the 20's last 10 days ago!

I look at these guys for forecast : KM Forecast

Edited by topi1967

Just got back in town, all a go for the weekend. YES, it will be cold at night! Lot's of fire wood we need, an AM fire as well as PM may be in order to warm up.....

Last KM of the year, let's enjoy it!

My plan is to arrive Troy around 1 to 2PM Friday.

Weather forcast Fri - sun. 37 - 40 low. Highs 60 - 63. It looks like it's going to be great weather for riding!

Weather forcast Fri - sun. 37 - 40 low. Highs 60 - 63. It looks like it's going to be great weather for riding!

Bill, I'm thinking about coming up Friday night, riding Sat. and either coming home Sat. night or first thing Sun morning.

Sweet Steve. Randy said the same thing before his first trip.:lol:He wished he'd stayed the 2nd day. Ok gunna be fun.

Sweet Steve. Randy said the same thing before his first trip.:lol:He wished he'd stayed the 2nd day. Ok gunna be fun.

👍:thumbsup::worthy::ride:👍

Sounds like we have a good bunch going. Who ever gets up first get a spot down another 1/2 mile, big open spot so we can have ONE fire. Anyone going up Friday please post what you driving, I'm up 1 to 2 pm on Fri. Those after me just look for a F350 white 4 door with a white/blue Lance camper.

Sounds like we have a good bunch going. Who ever gets up first get a spot down another 1/2 mile, big open spot so we can have ONE fire. Anyone going up Friday please post what you driving, I'm up 1 to 2 pm on Fri. Those after me just look for a F350 white 4 door with a white/blue Lance camper.

Is this the same spot we camped in last time?

You guys are going to have a great time. Not much dust, alot of choclate cake soil, some snow on the east exposures. We were up there last weekend. Enjoy!

Click on Pics

Riders-KM-Oct-14-2011-M.jpg

Riders-KM-Oct-15-20110001-M.jpg

👍

I'm think I'm out. I blew out both fork seals at LPNF last weekend and don't think I'll have it back in time, but If I do, I'll post up.

You guys are going to have a great time. Not much dust, alot of choclate cake soil, some snow on the east exposures. We were up there last weekend. Enjoy!

Click on Pics

Oh yeah!👍:thumbsup:

Thanks Rich.:ride:

Wish I could join you guys but it's my son's 8th B-day Sunday so no can do. Have fun and stay warm.