Sign in to follow this  

Tips for practice

Hey TTr's i have a 5 hr practic sesh on sunday for my licence renewal. The track is relatively new to me and im not so sure about some stuff on the track. Im on a 85 and have bin riding almost a year now with mostly racing experience. What can i do to help myself become a better rider on the day?

Thanks,Flickin:thumbsup:

Gaining access to the track before you ride it would help. Watching someone else ride it would help, if you can learn from that. When you do get to ride it I would focus on the areas that give you trouble the first few sessions out. In the areas you are comfortable with don't go 100%, so you can save your strength and focus for the parts of the track you struggle with. When you get more comfortable with the problem areas you can put the whole track together at 100% of your speed.

Ride as much as you can between now and then working on your problem areas so you have the confidence to go fast.

I am curious... what license are you renewing?

Hey TTr's i have a 5 hr practic sesh on sunday for my licence renewal. The track is relatively new to me and im not so sure about some stuff on the track. Im on a 85 and have bin riding almost a year now with mostly racing experience. What can i do to help myself become a better rider on the day?

Thanks,Flickin:thumbsup:

Wow! that's a broud question. I could write a book on that one. As a matter of fact I have. It's called "The Motocross Practice Manual". But that's not all I produced 22 Motocross Technique DVDs also. But if you don't want to spend any money even though the DVDs are marked way down cus of the recession and they are also very cheap from my download site, I'll give you the short version.

Stay within your control level and have fun. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to jump and ride faster than your limits.

If you really want to know all the how to details you can see free Technique DVD previews and/or order online at; www.garysemics.com To download the DVDs and watch them now on your PC visiit; www.mxraceschool.com.

DVD-home-page-pic-take-4-fi.png